Charging issues?

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been covered, I thought I saw a post a week or so about this but when I searched for it I couldn't find it. On 2 occasions I have plugged my phone in at night to charge and it wasn't fully charged when I took it off the next day. The first time it was to 94% but last night it charged only to 61%. I took it off the charger and plugged it in again and it was to 100% within an hour an a half so I'm not sure what's going on. I plug it in the same way everyday so I don't know why it has done this. Does anyone else have this issue or do I need to take it to Apple?

RichardC300

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this for the first time. Yesterday, I woke up with it at 97% after being plugged in all night. Today I woke up in the middle of the night and saw it at 97% again, but when it was time to get up, it was at 91%. Before getting ready for class, I unplugged it and immediately plugged it back in, and when I was finished, it had charged back up to 96% in like 7 minutes. I'm sure it reached 100% at some point in time, but what makes it start to lose its charge?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine has done the 97 percent thing I think the automatic iCloud backup drains it

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm experiencing this too. It's so weird. The battery symbol will say it's charged but the percentage is 94% I'm going to try recalibrating the battery. I hope that works.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it charges to 100 and then stops charging to avoid over charging and then will charge again once it drops ? I had this issue once or twice but have haven't had since I disabled the weather and stock widgets not sure if this has something to do with it I know those would suck my battery

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it charges to 100 and then stops charging to avoid over charging and then will charge again once it drops ? I had this issue once or twice but have haven't had since I disabled the weather and stock widgets not sure if this has something to do with it I know those would suck my battery

This is what happens to me. It will charge to 100, drop to 91-92 and then charge again until it hits 100. I've been told this is not correct, but a software restore did not fix the issue, and the genius bar won't replace it since they haven't seen it happen (it generally takes longer than an hour for the discharge to begin, and they don't wait that long)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I doubt so many people have this issue I bet its software related if it's not suppose to do it .. I had a powermat and the case with my iPhone 4 and it was designed to do this so makes me wonder if apple did this as well

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I dont think this is the case.. I charged my iphone 4 for over a year every night and now my 4s every night and every single day I wake up and its at 100 percent without a hitch

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
where do you keep your phones while charging? i woke up with 97% one night when i had the phone under the pillow, all other mornings it's at 100%.

leads me to believe that the phone overheated and stopped charging.

RichardC300

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
where do you keep your phones while charging? i woke up with 97% one night when i had the phone under the pillow, all other mornings it's at 100%.

Interesting! Mine lays right beside my pillow out in the open, but its in a speck candyshell.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine will drop to 97 and I'm not in the habit of snuggling my phone in bed, so it's on my stand.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

neo_gr8est1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

This is interesting... a sensible feature, if it is one...

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing the same thing. With so many of us seeing it I wonder if it's just an indication issue or if it stops until it falls below 90%

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
saw this for the first time on the wifes white 4s... stopped at 92% overnight - unplugged / re plugged it in.. nothing... finally after a restart - it started to go up again. Very strange

not overheating - its in the same spot every time its charged.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
There's a program in the App Store called "Boost Magic". You turn it on when charging your phone and it helps it to get a full charge. So far it's helped me get better cahrges...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods