Changing sim card mid-message

Mwanahabari

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to change the number you are texting from mid-message? For example, texting someone when I’m abroad, I’d prefer to use the local sim card, but I can’t see any way of selecting a different sim card to continue the discussion.\

So is there a way to swap which sim card you are messaging for while in a message or do I have to delete the messages and start a new chat using the different sim? I’d rather not do that as I’d lose all the messages.

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you have associated your email address(es) with iMessage, you can keep texting someone.
You simply have to go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and select an email address or the new number to initiate texting from.
Then give your email address or the new number to the person you’re texting and tell them to add that email address or number to your contact so that that person won’t have an extra thread in messages but keeps continuing in the existing thread.

Hope this helps.

I have been changing my SIM card every year once or twice with another one when abroad and never had any issues.