Changing Email Notification Sound/Volume

eskandar

Jul 12, 2008
Visit site
I was hoping to use an iPhone as an email pager, but the sound is very soft and there doesn't seems to be a way to edit this. Could anyone provide me with a solution?

eskandar

Jul 12, 2008
Visit site
Hmm . . . I've found an app called Customize after jailbreak that seems to do what I want.

So, after jailbreaking, can you still use the app store?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hmm . . . I've found an app called Customize after jailbreak that seems to do what I want.

So, after jailbreaking, can you still use the app store?

At the current moment you can not jailbreak 2.0 firmware just yet. Give it a week or so and it should be possible. Though I'm not sure all apps like customize will work with the newest firmware.

eskandar

Jul 12, 2008
Visit site
Found this . . .

Customize and Firmware 2.0
As we all know, the much anticipated 3G iPhone is coming out on Friday, along with Firmware 2.0 and AppStore. There is good news and bad news.
Bad News
I have attempted to contact Apple, however, they will not allow Customize to be distributed through the AppStore.
Good News
Customize 2.0 will still be available through Installer and Cydia package managers, and will run on firmware 2.0 (I am working on making it compatible now).
More Good News
It will still be possible to jailbreak your phone after an upgrade to firmware 2.0. You will be able to use apps from both the AppStore and from Installer/Cydia. This should also apply to 3G Phones. As I find out more, I will post instructions on how to do this.
Best, Spicy

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Found this . . .

As we all know, the much anticipated 3G iPhone is coming out on Friday, along with Firmware 2.0 and AppStore. There is good news and bad news.
Bad News
I have attempted to contact Apple, however, they will not allow Customize to be distributed through the AppStore.
Good News
Customize 2.0 will still be available through Installer and Cydia package managers, and will run on firmware 2.0 (I am working on making it compatible now).
More Good News
It will still be possible to jailbreak your phone after an upgrade to firmware 2.0. You will be able to use apps from both the AppStore and from Installer/Cydia. This should also apply to 3G Phones. As I find out more, I will post instructions on how to do this.
Best, Spicy

There ya go... :D

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Found this . . .

Bad News
Good News
More Good News
Best, Spicy

This is good news. To bad Apple wont allow in the App Store. I was looking for a way to change email sounds and apparently this is the only way to do it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW