Changing default email app

chenhogi

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
So I changed my default email app to Outlook.
When I press an email link in Safari, however, it opens a new email in Mail and not Outlook. This is the case even after updating to 14.0.1.
Am I doing something wrong?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue when I default to Chrome in the beginning but now it goes thru without the prompt

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with Chrome. I don't want to use Safari: there is no way to set Safari to browse privately.

Sure there is. Select the tab switcher in Safari and select “Private”. On my iPhone 11PRO it is down at the bottom left of screen.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I found this when I opened a new tab. How can I do this without opening a tab first?

As others have said, long press on the Safari app icon and open a private tab.

I just checked out Firefox app and it is the same procedure for setting up the private browser feature. According to Google, it is much the same:

On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app Chrome.
Tap More and then New Incognito Tab. A new Incognito tab opens.
To check if you're in Incognito mode, tap Switch tabs. Swipe right to see if you have any open Incognito tabs. At the top, look for the Incognito icon.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform=iOS&hl=en

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I found this when I opened a new tab. How can I do this without opening a tab first?
You can long press the Safari app icon and choose to open a private window. You can do the same with long pressing links. Just hitting the tab icon should give you the option for private without having to open a tab first.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the default mail app changed to Airmail and yet on at least one of the apps(Color Widgets), when I click their email to send suggestions, it still uses Apple mail.

I’m guessing they have something hard coded that ignores the new default setting because in other places and apps, the default setting works fine and used Airmail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner