Chances of walking into Best Buy Mid October and walking out with an iPhone 5?

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not eligible for an upgrade with Verizon until 10/15. That's fine and all, I can wait, I'm just curious what I should expect when I walk into a Best Buy (Have to buy there due the the buy back benefits I have on my iPhone 4) on October 15th. Do I have a good chance of walking out with an iPhone 5 or should I expect to be put onto a waiting list? Of course I understand that no one will know for sure until I actually step foot into the Best Buy on the 15th, but I was mainly wanting hear from people who did something similar with the iPhone 4S last year. If the 4S was still hard to come by a month after release, I could only assume the 5 will be too. Thanks for the time!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Depending on your location, I think you have a very good chance of walking out with the iPhone 5 on that date. Of course, I cannot guarantee that. :)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a good chance. All depends on your Best Buy. It varies from one location to the next. Some have them and other don't. Last year when stores couldn't keep stock of the 4S, my local Apple store was getting them daily. So it will all depend on how many your store gets and how often. But I would say the chances would be in your favor since we're talking a month later.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Last year went to VZW and Best Buy with my wife on our anniversary (Oct 24th) to get her an iPhone. I had planned on getting her the 4S. When we went in they said about 4 weeks until we actually got it. She got the 4 instead.

Last edited:

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting two 4s last year. I pre ordered 32 black (late). Didnt get it for four more weeks. In the meantime i walked into a best buy in the next county/city over and walked out with a 16 white. That was about two weeks after launch.

I didnt intend on buying two phones, worked out perfect since my wifes bday is end of oct. So she got an iphone (which she could care less about) for her bday.

So the moral of the story is. It all depends on the store.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 4S for my daughter last year about 2 weeks after the intro. I order on the Apple web site, selected to [pick up at local Apple store. We went in, and there was a line of about 20 people waiting. But since we had an order to pick up, we walked right in and someone helped my daughter get set up with the phone.

More orders this year, but IMHO in 3-4 weeks the same scenario will work unless Apple greatly misjudged and phones are not available to purchase.

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I walked right into a Radio Shack about 2 weeks right after the 4s came out and got a 16gb no problem. Try them if Best Buy is out.

Kazakaz

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
I'd stop in and see how many preorders they've taken so far. If its a lot, they might not fill them all till mid October, wouldn't hurt to preorder.

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I walked right into a Radio Shack about 2 weeks right after the 4s came out and got a 16gb no problem. Try them if Best Buy is out.

I am restricting myself to buying the iPhone 5 only at Best Buy because I have the buy back program on my current phone which would make the iPhone 5 roughly ~$60 for me with a new contract.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2