cases..why?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Just curious..

I was in the apple store the other day getting another charger and i saw this guy pull out his iphone that looked like he had suran wrapped.

Why?

I don't get it. The screen is glass. It won't get scratched. The back? Who cares..you're not using the back.

Heck, maybe i should go suran wrap my couch tonight and live in fear i might get it dirty.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Just curious..

I was in the apple store the other day getting another charger and i saw this guy pull out his iphone that looked like he had suran wrapped.

Why?

I don't get it. The screen is glass. It won't get scratched. The back? Who cares..you're not using the back.

Heck, maybe i should go suran wrap my couch tonight and live in fear i might get it dirty.

Really? Suran wrap? Wow I know it was hard times but not this hard. hehehe ;)

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I have BodyGuardz on mine primarily for good grip. It doesn't look like Saran Wrap, in fact, you can barely tell it's on there. :p It lives in a Malware holster when not in use. One drop = new screen for a friend of mine and AT&T doesn't offer insurance on the iPhone. But I personally think the silicon cases & sleeves are butt ugly. $0.02. BodyGuardz + holster combo has worked for me so far. Hopefully it'll hold up for the next two years!

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
im going to send my iPhone off to get it colored through Color my Iphone =)

Once i do that i won't be using a case, so i can show off the color combo =)

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
if it looked like Saran (TM) wrap... it may be a bad install of the invisible shield or bodyguardz wrap... or maybe the guy bought an expensive phone and got REALLY cheap on the case... lol

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Personally I like the close fitting, slim hard cases like the Agent 18. These add some protection against drops, but dont add much size and dont grip the inside of your pocket when youre trying to answer a call.

I got my iPhone 2g the day they came out and I've dropped it maybe 4 times. Without the case I would certainly have a damaged back and corners and possibly a cracked screen.

Also, while I too thought the screen wasn't going to be scratchable my wife has managed to scratch hers.

ktm97

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
I have a rubber/silicon case helps with drops and keeps it from slipping out of my hands, screen protector helps keep scratches off when in my pocket with car keys

dcharles

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I don't get it. The screen is glass. It won't get scratched.

Not true. I bought a case along with my phone when I got it, but really enjoyed the look and feel of the phone without it, so I removed the case. After only a few weeks I now have several small scratches on my screen. Nothing major, you really have to look to see them, but they are there.

josh5308

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
i keep my iphone 3g bare naked and whenever i damage the iphone i call apple care and complain that i have too many dropped calls and they replace it for free with overnight shipping

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
i keep my iphone 3g bare naked and whenever i damage the iphone i call apple care and complain that i have too many dropped calls and they replace it for free with overnight shipping
Thats pretty ****ty. Why not just hold onto your f'ing phone. Jebus... :confused:

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I use to have a case on my 3G but I wanted to use the apple dock and I also like the phone better with out a case on it. So I got a IS to add some grip and I can use the dock with it also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro