Cases for iPhone 4S

AttaQ

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Will the 4S use the same cases as the Verizon iPhone 4, the AT&T iPhone 4, or has something small changed which will necessitate a new case tweak?

Thanks!
Nick

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I recall the Verizon iPhone was slightly different than the GSM version requiring some case makers to offer a different model. It would seem the 4S is now the previous CDMA version (which was rumored to be world phone capable but disabled). So now the question is will we need to keep a close on on certain cases?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Will the 4S use the same cases as the Verizon iPhone 4, the AT&T iPhone 4, or has something small changed which will necessitate a new case tweak?

Thanks!
Nick

Word on the street is YES, the iPhone 4 cases will fit the iPhone 4S

Thanks Fausty !! I was wondering this also, because I'm still interested in moving on to an iP as well. Now that the iP4S will be avail soon, i need to think more about it because i'm still so very on the fence about the switch, for the past 2mths now lol.
BUT if i definately decide to make the switch, i always like to have my accessories in line-ie.screen cover, phone cover.....to protect my investment:)

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The BASIC cases will work fine.

However, the more secure cases like the Otterboxes may not. In fact, for many of their popular iPhone 4 cases, they have in bold print "Will NOT work on a 4S".

(No reason why, but they made sure they posted it with their items to avoid any issues with unhappy customers...)

So, if you're looking for one of those expensive cases, make sure you read the fine print.

But if you just get a cheap, rubber case with a slap-on screen protector, it'll probably be fine.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mophie has posted on their website that their Juice Pack Air and Juice Pack Plus cases will fit the 4S. They make a great product, and have good customer service too.

Shadan

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Most of the online suppliers will mark out wether the iPhone 4 case fits the iPhone 4S case, if there is no mark, usually, the two cases are compatible unless that shop is not standard. So don't worry, and good luck!

Reactions: iEd

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had an Otterbox Commuter case on my iP4 and loved it. When my new iP4S finally came in ( 29 days of waiting !!! ) I put my old Commuter case on it. Thought it fit perfectly until I noticed that the silent switch on the side didn't linne up. Ended up buying a new one and the switch lined up perfectly with the opening.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought a SPECK case for my 4S, the hole where the mute button goes is a bit higher, it does not bother because I don't put it on mute/vibrate often, but it gets to me when I see that the button is a bit under the cover.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My preferred case companies are Beyza and Fortte (more expensive, but quality. They are true cases, not the "cover the sides" type that they sell in the Verizon stores). They offer 4 and 4s cases, but they're probably the same. You don't need screen covers with these. I hate screen covers (I've used them all trust me). They get dirty faster, and smudge, which makes sense because you are covering a high quality glass screen with lower quality soft plastic.

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I love the otterbox defender and commuter series cases

I agree with Cleveland 100%!! The new Commuter cases seem to be a little off though. I purchased one a couple weeks ago and the cutouts in the silicone didn't match up with the hard plastic shell. I ended up opting for the Defender case instead. It's awesome!! A friend of mine has the iPhone 4 model and they definitely upgraded the cases for the 4S. The silicone is much thicker and less pliable (a good thing - especially for the charging, mute and headphone covers). I highly recommend the Defender!!

Reactions: Cleveland

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Cleveland 100%!! The new Commuter cases seem to be a little off though. I purchased one a couple weeks ago and the cutouts in the silicone didn't match up with the hard plastic shell. I ended up opting for the Defender case instead. It's awesome!! A friend of mine has the iPhone 4 model and they definitely upgraded the cases for the 4S. The silicone is much thicker and less pliable (a good thing - especially for the charging, mute and headphone covers). I highly recommend the Defender!!

There is a chance they packaged the old iPhone 4 silicone with the new plastic cover for the 4S ... But I love them both ... Especially the new color schemes

marcotor909

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I used to swear by Sedio cases, after I gave my first gen iPhone to my daughter (moved to BB and then Android before coming back). Loved the feel and the protection they offered. So imagine how disappointed I was in the cheap feel of the case the Surface for iPhone is.

I would love to find something that works with the rotating belt clip (these are solid), and does not come undone every time I press the lock button on the phone

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone cases of my choice are (2) all silicone cases, 1 Incipio Silicrylic case, and I'm waiting on a SwitchEasy silicone case in milk white I ordered from AccessoryGeeks which should be here by next week :)

In the near future I will also be looking into a fully blinged out HK case as well as a case from more-thing.com :)

golfgal

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I initially bought the OB Commuter case but really wasn't crazy about the high ridges along the sides on the front of the phone. I was having a difficult time typing the letters that were along the right- and left-hand edges of the keyboard. I now have two of the Uncommon cases that I bought at the Apple store, and a really cool Incase (very solid slider case that's sparkly purple) that I bought at Target. I enjoy changing up my cases every so often. I think I dressed too many dolls when I was a little girl! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh