Case help needed

Nathan Grey

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
So I just lucked out and got a new iPhone 5. I had one pre-ordered but it was delayed by a month so I just kept calling and lucked out finally with a Verizon store near my work. Prior to this I had been using the Galaxy Nexus.

Here is my problem, after using the Nexus for so long I am used to a wider phone, that and I have large hands. Typing on the iPhone is a bit of a pita for me 2 handed. In the past I have always solved this with an otterbox, but with the 4/4s I really didn't like the quality I was getting from otterbox (the rubber basically turned into chewing gum after a few months and dust would get in through the cutouts around the camera). Anyways, I need a case that is protective and adds some width to make the phone easier to hold in portrait while typing.

What do you guys suggest? Will the lifeproof case add much width (whenever it finally comes out)? Thanks in advance.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have OtterBox case since release date....I've heard from other people that the Rubber material is different on iPhone 5 version....I like the case... haven't had an issue yet

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have OtterBox case since release date....I've heard from other people that the Rubber material is different on iPhone 5 version....I like the case... haven't had an issue yet

I agree. The rubber on the Otterbox for the 5 is much better and you shouldn't have the same issues.

Nathan Grey

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the rubber. What about dust around the camera cutout? I always thought this could have been solved by simply putting a rubber gasket inside around the cutout that would have kept dust from coming in.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the rubber. What about dust around the camera cutout? I always thought this could have been solved by simply putting a rubber gasket inside around the cutout that would have kept dust from coming in.

Quite a few cases do this. It's just an unfortunate side effect to that form factor.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro