Case = better or worse reception ?

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
We all know about the 4 having better reception when it's in a case, but can a 4s be effected as well? Perhaps not too such a large degree as the 4, but maybe a little? Has there been and studies or test about this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 4S? using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
A case should not effect it either way

A case will minimize the chances of fingers coming into direct contact with the exact 'wrong spot' that would attenuate signal... it won't make it better, but can keep a user from making signal worse.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if a case could help the phone have better signal, although after hearing about the 'death grip' the i4 supposedly had i guess its possible(my husbands i4 never has this issue). Also, on the other end of the spectrum, certain cases can have a negative effect on the phones signal. Back in the summer i ordered a case from Amazon, which appeared to be aluminum but wasnt. What ever materials/paint/coating was used, when i place the case on my phone my wifi would bog down big time, to almost not working. I didnt realize it the first night, but the next morning i did - and went throught the put on/take off case to see the difference and it indeed was the case! (no pun intended lol) Of course, i returned it that day:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We all know about the 4 having better reception when it's in a case, but can a 4s be effected as well? Perhaps not too such a large degree as the 4, but maybe a little? Has there been and studies or test about this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 4S? using Tapatalk

I use a Seidio Convert case with 3 layers of protection with a holstser. This has been my choice with every phone I have ever had and now it rocks my iPhone 4S with no reception trouble whatsoever. This goes for no matter where I am be it at home or work in a metal building.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh