Carriers Pushing Samsung Phones More Than Apple iPhones

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To be honest the carrier stores where I live don't have any iPhones on display, not even dummy models...
I think it's wrong to push people to get a certain phone, what if they don't like the phone? They might be stuck with it for the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod touch using iMore Forums

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
To be honest the carrier stores where I live don't have any iPhones on display, not even dummy models...
I think it's wrong to push people to get a certain phone, what if they don't like the phone? They might be stuck with it for the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod touch using iMore Forums

They do have a return window.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Verizon's is only 14 days.

Using a device every day all day for two weeks seems to be sufficient enough time to be able to discern if the device is going to work for you. I can usually tell after a day or two if this device is going to work for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Using a device every day all day for two weeks seems to be sufficient enough time to be able to discern if the device is going to work for you. I can usually tell after a day or two if this device is going to work for me.

'Nuf said...:)

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
That's the only thing I can think of at this point. I'm honestly surprised there still part of mobile nations honestly. There's just nothing happening there.

There are many new things that BlackBerry has been accomplishing as of lately and are continuing to grow.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry has a niche for business users wanting physical keyboards. I think they have that down pat, which isn't bad...

Problem is that even these business people are being fed iPhones at work..

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry has a niche for business users wanting physical keyboards. I think they have that down pat, which isn't bad...

Yeah I personally can't see blackberry ever becoming on par with the phones now a days.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Exactly. The company my dad works for has slowly started transitioning away from Blackberry to iPhone. They have been giving them the 5c, and there is almost unanimous positive reactions.

Tomaburque

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Sprint is quietly offering iPhone 4 and 4s high value customers free upgrades to 5s but I think that's because they have to move a certain number of units they are contractually required to buy. I know the salespeople don't care, they just want to sell a line and make bonus. What's really gonna be a challenge for the carriers and for Apple are the next generation of $200 "good enough" smartphones which will help free people from the need to enter into a contract because they cannot come up with $650 at once.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The bloatware explanation makes the most sense.

Apple phones are more expensive, but they run nicely with just their own stuff on it... (Unlocked iPhones are the best of all worlds now.)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The bloatware explanation makes the most sense.

Apple phones are more expensive, but they run nicely with just their own stuff on it... (Unlocked iPhones are the best of all worlds now.)

For sure. Bloatware is a big drawback of buying a carrier-locked Android phone. Bloatware is useless and takes up a lot of space. The iPhone doesn't have any bloatware from carriers, which I love. I gotta agree, unlocked iPhones really are the best :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
For sure. Bloatware is a big drawback of buying a carrier-locked Android phone. Bloatware is useless and takes up a lot of space. The iPhone doesn't have any bloatware from carriers, which I love. I gotta agree, unlocked iPhones really are the best :)

Well from the carriers point of view, bloat ware is a gift from God(and Google) lol

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This does not surprise me at all. Every time I go into a carriers store I see the iPhone stands in the back of the store. Maybe because the iPhone sells itself. Verizon definitely pushes Android devices more than other device manufactors

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
carriers have been urging smartphone buyers to go with Samsung (and others) rather than the iPhone.

Their opinions mean nothing to me. I don't ask for them and I've never been offered them. I wear headphones in stores which is the universal symbol for "salesmen don't come talk to me." I know what I want. I do my research and demo phones. I'm not going to be sold a phone. They'd have an easier time selling Ice to an Eskimo.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a friend that works for telus ( a Canadian carrier ) and I asked her this morning why they do not push iPhone and have demos in store and she said its because Apple does not allow third party companies to promote their phones or tablets without being certified to do so by apple. Apple likes running their own commercials, and if you are to have a stand displaying apple products they want to approve it. Some companies ignore their policy and display them anyways but it is a rule they have in place so people do not display or promote the phones wrong. I can see this as being true because apple is a very picky company. Wal mart, best buy, and big chains obviously have went through the process of having it approved for display

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a friend that works for telus ( a Canadian carrier ) and I asked her this morning why they do not push iPhone and have demos in store and she said its because Apple does not allow third party companies to promote their phones or tablets without being certified to do so by apple. Apple likes running their own commercials, and if you are to have a stand displaying apple products they want to approve it. Some companies ignore their policy and display them anyways but it is a rule they have in place so people do not display or promote the phones wrong. I can see this as being true because apple is a very picky company. Wal mart, best buy, and big chains obviously have went through the process of having it approved for display

That's interesting!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro