Carriers Pushing Samsung Phones More Than Apple iPhones

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting!

Yes and furthermore most carriers main stores will display them but there are a lot of business that sell and do contracts for sprint, verizon, telus, Rogers that are not official carrier stores. They are private business's licensed to do contracts and sell carrier phones. For example my local telus store has a big telus logo outside the building but on the receipt it's called Midwest communications.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a friend that works for telus ( a Canadian carrier ) and I asked her this morning why they do not push iPhone and have demos in store and she said its because Apple does not allow third party companies to promote their phones or tablets without being certified to do so by apple. Apple likes running their own commercials, and if you are to have a stand displaying apple products they want to approve it. Some companies ignore their policy and display them anyways but it is a rule they have in place so people do not display or promote the phones wrong. I can see this as being true because apple is a very picky company. Wal mart, best buy, and big chains obviously have went through the process of having it approved for display

That's cool to know. It makes sense that they wouldn't allow just anyone to promote the iPhone. :)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
That's cool to know. It makes sense that they wouldn't allow just anyone to promote the iPhone. :)

No and that's why you never see apple in any commercials hardly because they don't allow it. They like to be in control of advertisement

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry has a niche for business users wanting physical keyboards. I think they have that down pat, which isn't bad...

Problem is that even these business people are being fed iPhones at work..

Companies are also moving away from BlackBerry because of the uncertainty that they'll be around in the near future. My company recently announced that they will no longer deploy BBs.

Sent from my Awesome iPhone 5!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Companies are also moving away from BlackBerry because of the uncertainty that they'll be around in the near future. My company recently announced that they will no longer deploy BBs.

Sent from my Awesome iPhone 5!

There are a lot of companies doing this lately. Bigger companies, such as Ford, and smaller companies as well. This doesn't bode well for BB's future.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've gone to several Verizon stores across the country & I've never had a rep push a device on me. Maybe I just have that "don't mess with me look" LOL

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
In all fairness, the newest models are usually pushed the hardest. How many Apple phones were released in Q1? How many Android phones were released in Q1?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
In all fairness, the newest models are usually pushed the hardest. How many Apple phones were released in Q1? How many Android phones were released in Q1?

That's a good point to make. Android has many more phones coming out all year long, whereas Apple has 1 phone, maybe 2 (in the case of the 5c) launch per year during Q3/Q4. :)