CarPlay randomly disconnects

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I drive a 2021 Jeep Wrangler with Apple CarPlay. I quite regularly run into the problem of CarPlay randomly disconnecting. Sometimes it reconnects and sometimes it doesn’t. Short of taking it into the dealer to describe the problem I’ve tried different cables and different ports within the vehicle and the problem still exists. It’s quite annoying. Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix?

Using an iPhone 12 pro by the way...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am fairly new to CarPlay, and the only issue I've had with getting disconnected is when I've knocked the cable. I wish I had an idea of what your issue could be. Hopefully, someone else will come along that has an idea.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a software update option in your vehicle? If so, check to see if there’s an available software update for your system.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
MrMars;[URL="tel:3239249" said:
3239249[/URL]]Not that I’m aware at this point. I’ll have to dig a little deeper in the settings.

If your iPhone is charging wirelessly while connected via wire to CarPlay, remove from the wireless charging pad/cradle and then see if disconnect continues.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
If your iPhone is charging wirelessly while connected via wire to CarPlay, remove from the wireless charging pad/cradle and then see if disconnect continues.

It is not. I don’t have the option to charge wirelessly in the vehicle.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
If you haven’t already, check out the Wrangler forum via the following link. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/carplay-disconnects-frequently.5052/

I didn’t know about that. Great resource. Thanks for pointing it out! I have tried several different cables and it seemed the problem still occurred. I went back to the Anker brand cable I had preferred because unlike the Apple OEM white cable the Anker cable is black and blends in much better with the black interior. I will again try the Apple cable which, in fact is not USB but USB C and has to be plugged into a media port near the radio as opposed to the center console where the cable can be a little more hidden.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
After some investigative work and a 2nd iPhone I’ve since discovered that the problem could possibly be with the USB port in the center console. So far the problem only occurs with that port. Since using the front port the problem has not occurred, even while using the black, Anker brand cord that I prefer because the color blends in with the interior.

May 31, 2019
Visit site
Maybe you should consider trying to add a wireless carplay adapter to your console so you don't need to plug or unplug cable to use the carplay so often.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner