CarPlay - Mercedes-Benz - Advance to Next Track

sportsedan89

Mar 15, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG C43 without the touchpad, and I'm having a problem with CarPlay.

Background
Yesterday, I had my phone connected to the vehicle via USB, and CarPlay was active. Apple Maps was running in the foreground and providing me navigation instructions, and Apple Music was running in the background with music playing. I was able to nudge the controller (the wheel on the center console) to the right to advance to the next track in my playlist and to the left to jump to my previous track — all the while with Apple Maps in the foreground and Apple Music in the background. Overall, things were working well and it was easy to control my music and follow the route guidance.

The Problem
Not sure what I did, but I seem to have lost the functionality I described above. Today, when I'm in the same situation that I described above, nudging the controller to the right no longer advances to the next track; rather, it pans the map to the right. See the video labeled Apple Maps [redacted]

My Question for You
Any idea how I can regain the functionality I described in the background section above? In essence, I'm looking for an easy way to advance to the next track in my playlist when the Apple Music app is not in the foreground.

Thanks!

sportsedan89

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet would be to un-pair your iPhone from your car and then pair it again. I have a 2019 BMW 430i and the scroll tab on my steering wheel does exactly what you’ve described - selects the next or previous item.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR