card images zoomed in wallet with iphone 6s

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
So I just got my new 6s (yay) upgrading from a 5. One of the first things I did was check out Apple Pay, so I go into the wallet and all the cards are zoomed in, with the edges cropped. If I go back to the settings and enable zoom mode, then the display is correct. Anybody else see the same thing, and how do I report it to apple if so? Thanks.

bigblue2007

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife's iPhone 6s had the same issue. She went from a 5s to a 6s. A hard reboot didn't work. We had to restore via iTunes. It went away. She stopped using her old back up. We reinstalled all the apps manually.

mclazarus

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I both have the same problem restoring from 5S. I don't think I'll set up as new. I spent most of the day working through the restore making sure everything is working.

Maybe if I remove the cards.

mclazarus

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I removed all cards and passes, then did a reboot with no luck.

Then I "Reset all Settings" and still no luck.

I'll probably open a support case with Apple. I suspect if I want it fixed now a fresh install is all that will work. Or I can wait and hope an apple update fixes it.

mclazarus

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
After resetting settings on the phone it broke communication with the watch. So I unpaired it and then decided to go through a backup/restore to clean ios 9.0.1 and then recover from the new backup (on the off chance that would clear things up.) It didn't the passbook is still in zoomed in mode.

When I get a chance I'll open a support ticket with apple and update here. I refuse to go with a clean install to fix this because I'll lose all my health and activity data since there is no way to restore that individually.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem as well. I'm not prepared to wipe the phone and start from scratch. I'm sure once Apple hears from people they will send out a fix.

mclazarus

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently attempting to use getsupport.apple.com it's not working at the moment but I think that is the way to get a ticket number.

mclazarus

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I just chatted with Apple support. The person I chatted with "Taryn" knew the issue after a simple description. And showed me that if I went to "Settings > Display & Brightness" And set it to Zoomed instead of Standard that now the Wallet app looks right. This is a workaround if you can't delete a card.

I was told:

"At this time that would be only way to get it out of zoom. We are aware of this error and are working to resolve this with updates that will be continuing to come out."

And

"We do suggest to submit a feedback form to us, the more feedback we receive the better."

And

"You are not the only customer having this issue and we are hoping to resolve this as soon as possible! As Wallet is such a cool app to use and take advantage of!"

So apparently the main recommendation is send feedback so the powers that can issue a fix prioritize the fix. And in the mean time it will be ugly and require this workaround if the zoomed in mode interferes with the operation of the app.

I have found that I primarily use it for the Starbucks card, and Fandango tickets and they work even though they're zoomed in (and did I mention ugly?). Also if you activate wallet from the locked homescreen it's not zoomed in so you can at least use the card from there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal