Can't Take It Any Longer!

am1480

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is a wonderful phone, but I need more. I am sitting here waiting to jail break this iPhone 6 Plus on 8.3. I just can't take the limitation of what I want, such as a different SMS app, or e-mail app like Aquamail for Android. I got the iPhone for one reason and one reason ONLY, so I can see my daughter's, who have moved to an another state. They have iPhone's, and refuse to use Skype. There doesn't appear to be anyone who can jailbreak the 8.3, and I am regretting not getting the Note 4.

Bifurcated

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
How about, get an iPod Touch or an iPad Mini so you can FaceTime with your daughters, and get the Android device you want as your phone?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That would benefit you well, and you would have the phone you prefer as well as a device that is actually BETTER for FaceTime than the iPhone (with the bigger screen and all).

That said, and I know it doesn't really matter now, but you should never rely on a jailbreak to be available at any particular time anymore...they kind of just release when the jailbreak community figures out the work arounds, and lately, it has taken longer (in my opinion because the big wigs that used to be the kings of jailbreaking are now working for development companies outside of the freelance development they used to do, so we are relying on secondary individuals to get the jailbreaks out now).

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I never saw the hype over jailbreaking a device, now a days software is changing so rapidly that wha you jailbreak could be patched and changed next week or a month from now.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
What's wrong with the default iOS SMS app? It works fine, it does what it needs to do. What more do you want? Same goes for the email app, it does what it needs to do. What more do you want?

I'm sorry, but as a person who came from Android to iOS recently I can definitely tell you that the grass is not at all greener on the other side. Android may be open and all but get ready to experience tons of issues including bugs galore along with horrible, awful, hideous (is that enough adjectives?) battery life. iOS may not be very customizable but it... just... works.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with the default iOS SMS app? It works fine, it does what it needs to do. What more do you want? Same goes for the email app, it does what it needs to do. What more do you want?

I'm sorry, but as a person who came from Android to iOS recently I can definitely tell you that the grass is not at all greener on the other side. Android may be open and all but get ready to experience tons of issues including bugs galore along with horrible, awful, hideous (is that enough adjectives?) battery life. iOS may not be very customizable but it... just... works.

To be fair, iOS has its share of bugs, too, although not everyone experiences them....

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I know that @Just_Me_D, I'm not saying at all that Apple is some perfect platform that doesn't have bugs. I'm not one of those rabid Apple users who think that Apple is like the second coming.

All I'm saying is that Android has a lot more than their fair share of bugs primarily because of its highly fragmented nature in which just about anyone and their uncles can make an Android device and shove whatever they want down your throat without any regard for how that added stuff will effect the performance of the device.

Yes, there are definitely some things that I would love to have Apple change about the iPhone and iOS in general but for the most part, it just works. Yes, there are some nagging things about iOS that I would love to have Apple fix but generally, it works and does what I need it to do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know that @Just_Me_D, I'm not saying at all that Apple is some perfect platform that doesn't have bugs. I'm not one of those rabid Apple users who think that Apple is like the second coming.

All I'm saying is that Android has a lot more than their fair share of bugs primarily because of its highly fragmented nature in which just about anyone and their uncles can make an Android device and shove whatever they want down your throat without any regard for how that added stuff will effect the performance of the device.

Yes, there are definitely some things that I would love to have Apple change about the iPhone and iOS in general but for the most part, it just works. Yes, there are some nagging things about iOS that I would love to have Apple fix but generally, it works and does what I need it to do.

I understood what you were saying and I didn't take it negatively or anything...;)

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I would love to know where I can send in suggestions for new features or changes for iOS. I have a couple I would love to see in future revisions of iOS.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone is a wonderful phone, but I need more. I am sitting here waiting to jail break this iPhone 6 Plus on 8.3. I just can't take the limitation of what I want, such as a different SMS app, or e-mail app like Aquamail for Android. I got the iPhone for one reason and one reason ONLY, so I can see my daughter's, who have moved to an another state. They have iPhone's, and refuse to use Skype. There doesn't appear to be anyone who can jailbreak the 8.3, and I am regretting not getting the Note 4.

8.3 and 8.4 is Jailbroken and one of the devs released a video showing it. They just have no plans to release it yet and from what I hear, they won't for 8.3 because there is another iOS update coming soon. If they release it now for 8.3, chances are that Apple could patch the exploit used in 8.3 and it won't work on 8.4.

Was your phone ever Jailbroken? If so, what made you upgrade to the latest? My 6+ and 5S are jailbroken. My 6+ is on 8.1.2 and my 5S is on 8.1. My iPad is also on 8.1.2. I have no plans to upgrade either one till whatever is the current iOS version is Jailbroken. Nothing Apple releases is worth losing my JB.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I'm still perplexed that people still JB their iPhones. I did once on the original iPhone to see what the hype was about and back then, I did get some great enhancements from the experience. Nowadays, Apple has added a multitude of tweaks that were only available as a JB option that my iPhone works for me perfectly and definitely not worth going through the trouble of 'chasing' jailbreaks. Just my two cents.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm still perplexed that people still JB their iPhones. I did once on the original iPhone to see what the hype was about and back then, I did get some great enhancements from the experience. Nowadays, Apple has added a multitude of tweaks that were only available as a JB option that my iPhone works for me perfectly and definitely not worth going through the trouble of 'chasing' jailbreaks. Just my two cents.

There are tons of options only available to a jailbroken device...I can see the appeal of many of them, especially those who like to tinker with layouts, UI enhancements and general base line processes. I've really only found a few features desirable that required a jailbreak, but I've been really REALLY impressed with what people have done creatively with layouts and what not...like this below, it's so cool to me that someone took the time and effort to CREATE this! (even if it's counter productive with the beautiful screen resolution we have applying an original Game Boy layout, lol!)

igameboy.jpg

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
There are tons of options only available to a jailbroken device...I can see the appeal of many of them, especially those who like to tinker with layouts, UI enhancements and general base line processes. I've really only found a few features desirable that required a jailbreak, but I've been really REALLY impressed with what people have done creatively with layouts and what not...like this below, it's so cool to me that someone took the time and effort to CREATE this! (even if it's counter productive with the beautiful screen resolution we have applying an original Game Boy layout, lol!)

View attachment 80620

Agreed. There are many things that are definitely impressive. Nothing that makes me need to jailbreak my device. Especially at the cost of compromising my overall device security. I like the one you posted. That's definitely time-consuming and very cool!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk