Can't See Folder for iPhone on Computer Anymore

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a problem when I connect my iPhone to my laptop. I periodically sync via iTunes with my Windows 7 computer but also save photos from my phone to the external hard drive connected to the computer. As of today, the folder containing my iPhone 6s will no longer appear when I connect the phone to the laptop. I even went to the Start menu and selected Computer from there to see if the folder would show up, but it doesn't. I want to get a bunch of photos from the iPhone onto my computer but don't want to have to do it via OneDrive. Anyone know if this is a new iOS 10 thing, or is there something I can do to fix it? Oh, and I even rebooted the computer to try again, but to no avail. :concern:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Please try connecting your iPhone in another USB port.
If this doesn't solve the issue make sure you have the latest iTunes version on your computer.
Restarting your iPhone will also be a possible solution.

Let us know if he problem still stays.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've tried a different USB port and my iTunes is up to date. I also tried restarting my iPhone, but none of those things worked. I'm still not seeing a folder coming up allowing me to view the contents (photos) on my iPhone.

I had a similar problem when I connected to my MacBook Pro a few minutes ago when I went to import the newest photos on the photo app - there was nothing to import, according to my Mac. However, when I rebooted my iPhone, the pictures then appeared and I was able to successfully import them.

But I'm still having the same problem as earlier with my Windows 7 laptop. :(

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If it were me and my Windows 7 machine;

• Uninstall any drivers for your phone
  • Reboot
  • Go though each and every step that Apple outlines for uninstalling iTunes (read through them completely first, then do each specific step)
  • Reboot.
  • Download and install new usb drivers for your phone
  • Re-install iTunes.

Apple has an outline they want you to follow when uninstalling iTunes, so it's important that you follow the instructions to the letter. It's very different than your regular Windows software uninstall process.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, Sherry! I managed to finally get it working again the other day. It was weird. I don't know if maybe it was a drivers issue, but I ran Driver Booster 3 the other day and initially didn't see anything when I connected my iPhone to the computer. I even did a hard reset. Finally, after some back and forth, I got the option to view the contents of my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit