Can't restrict Youtube on ipad ios7?

I

iMore Question

Hi, even when i have added several url's to restrict in the restrictions area youtube my kids can still access it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered putting a pass code on your iPad as a last resort? At least they can't get in at all. Maybe deter them for a while and then remove it later on.

jsecmp

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
To block YouTube on a mobile device, to to Settings, General, Restrictions, (Set a password), then scroll down to Websites, click "Limited Adult Content," and then under the "Never Allow" section, the address you want to block is ?m.youtube.com?. Note the ?m? instead of ?www?. Many websites use ?m? for the mobile version of their site.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I tested this out and with Safari blocked, the link to a YouTube video sent in an e-mail did not go anywhere. So I’m not really sure what kind of work-around your daughter has discovered! I’d double-check to make sure Safari is blocked in Restrictions many times saw on ShowBox Lucky Patcher Kodi too ;) see: ShowBox Kodi Lucky Patcher

You're replying to a 4 year old thread.

Just an FYI; this forum allows themes, one of them being dark. Using black text on a dark theme really doesn't work. Try leaving the text color in your post to default so that the text shows up light on the dark theme and dark on the light theme. Easier to read this way.

mathewwade

Banned
Oct 26, 2019
Visit site
https://watchtvseries.tube
To block YouTube on a mobile device, to to Settings, General, Restrictions, (Set a password), then scroll down to Websites, click "Limited Adult Content," and then under the "Never Allow" section, the address you want to block is �m.youtube.com�. Note the �m� instead of �www�. Many websites use �m� for the mobile version of their site.
I know replying to an old thread but got to know alot.
Oh interesting Now i get it how to turn on the unwanted freebie content & ads which keep on coming again & again.

Thanks,
Mathews.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2