Can't Restore My Backup from my 6s to my iPhone 7

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I updated my 6s on Tuesday and had no issues, really enjoying the new OS. I got my new phone yesterday. I backed up my 6s and tried to restore it several times to my new 7 both by iTunes and Cloud. It always gives me the corrupt error. I was able to restore from a backup about a month ago, but now I'm missing a months worth of photos and such from my other phone. Both phones are on 10.0.1. Anyone else having this issue?

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I updated mine through iCloud with no problem, try backing your iPhone 6s up on iCloud and doing a restore that way.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had this issue one time in the last, but as you did, I did another backup and then the restore function worked fine. The one issue with using restore is both devices have to have the same version of IOS software on them.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had a massive headache with this move to iPhone 7. From a perfect working iPhone 6 to a 7 I am trying to rebuild. Calls escalated to different department at Apple. Waiting for 3rd level by Wednesday. I can't use iTunes to sync anything. I can't get music moved over regardless of what I try, can't get photos moved over.. nothing.

I have reset at new 2x so far. I am going to just have to live with it as a phone w/o being able to sync photos off the computer or add all my music (outside of iTunes purchases)..

At least I can make phone calls.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Were you ever able to make it work? I finally was able to do an iCloud restore and got everything but my text messages.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had this issue one time in the last, but as you did, I did another backup and then the restore function worked fine. The one issue with using restore is both devices have to have the same version of IOS software on them.

That's not true. My 6s plus was backed up with iOS 9 installed. I used restore when I got my 7 plus without issue which had iOS 10.

What I think you meant was it will not restore if you backup has a higher OS than the phone your restoring to. That it will not do. For example if you back up a device on iOS 10 and want to restore a device on iOS 9 still you would have to update that device to iOS 10 first.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Were you ever able to make it work? I finally was able to do an iCloud restore and got everything but my text messages.

No, but my issue was different. #1 it had an issue with a gmail.com account before .ME or .iCloud was invented. So that caused a bunch of errors and I had to start as new. #2 there are issues with iTunes and seeing my phone, it keeps getting "can't read from device" errors.

Apple overnighted me a new phone, it got to my office about 1-hour ago. I will go home later and try to do a restore from backup.