Cant Restore Iphone 4s and Ipad 2 Error 3004 and 3194

sayabilli

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I cant restore my apple devices(iphone 4s and Ipad2) both running on ios 5.1.1 and i tried to restore into factory default ios5.1.1 since i want to remove my jailbreak.

At my main computer i cant even detect my devices on iTunes(11.0.4 or 11.1) it said "unknown response" but it still show on my computer.
I try to put on recovery mode and DFU my iTunes can detect it but it give me at first 3194 error but after i try using tinyumbrella it chance to error 3004.

when i tried on my secondary computer i can still detect it on both my computer and iTunes(10.7). i have not try to update into newer itunes since its the only computer that i have that can detect my apple devices. but give same problem when restoring both my iphone and ipad.

I tried to follow some instructions on internet and sometimes it give error 11 or error 20. but most of the time it give error 3194 and 3004.
Now my main computer give error 3004 and my secondary computer give error 3194.

I dont know what to do now.

Note: On Host on system32/drivers/etc no apple website found on both computer

Pls help me:crying:

Edit1: My main computer cant run tinnyumbrealla, only my secondary comp can run it
Edit2: Just now i realized that both my devices cant even connect into tinyumbrealla

Last edited:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Dev-Team Blog The first blog post there has a bit of information dealing with restoring.

Generally, it's going to be more difficult for you to accomplish simply because those devices aren't best suited towards custom installs.

If you're in DFU, you can use redsn0w to kick it out and you should be able to see the devices in iTunes again.

sayabilli

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Finally I can restore my devices :yes:

But still on my main computer it gives "Itunes could not connect to the iphone because an invalid response was received from the devices"
any idea how to fix it ? (pls any other advices other than re-install my windows :biggrin:)

sayabilli

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
now when i tried to restore from my second comp it give error 21 when i try to restore to ios 5.1.1, but when i tried to restore into ios 6.1.1(the highest ios that i have IPSW ready) it gives error 3194.

i have really no idea whats going on:confused:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
now when i tried to restore from my second comp it give error 21 when i try to restore to ios 5.1.1, but when i tried to restore into ios 6.1.1(the highest ios that i have IPSW ready) it gives error 3194.

i have really no idea whats going on:confused:
You won't be able to restore to any iOS6 firmwares. Those devices were never supported for those upgrades. You can go between 5.x if you have the appropriate SHSH blobs or you can restore to iOS7.

sayabilli

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You won't be able to restore to any iOS6 firmwares. Those devices were never supported for those upgrades. You can go between 5.x if you have the appropriate SHSH blobs or you can restore to iOS7.

I just want to restore 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 just want to be sure no jailbreak leftover found :p but it gives error 3194
Hmm I thought that iphone 4s support ios 6 ? why i cant ?

I tried virtual machine on my main and itunes can detect my devices, so i guess its my windows problem on my main comp
I tried clean restore from itunes to 5.1.1 or 6.1.1 it gives 3194 from log it said this devices not eligible for requested build

If iOs 7 i wont get any prob restoring/updating it ? (note: through IPSW update)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
6.x aren't being signed by Apple. If they're not being signed, you can't get to them without a hack. There isn't a hack for the 4s.

Again, you'll get errors every time you try to install any 6.x. If you enjoy frustration, continue doing it. Otherwise, let the idea of iOS6 go.

Which iOS 5.1.1 IPSW are you using? Which SHSH blobs do you have on your device?

sayabilli

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
6.x aren't being signed by Apple. If they're not being signed, you can't get to them without a hack. There isn't a hack for the 4s.

Again, you'll get errors every time you try to install any 6.x. If you enjoy frustration, continue doing it. Otherwise, let the idea of iOS6 go.

Which iOS 5.1.1 IPSW are you using? Which SHSH blobs do you have on your device?

if u say "which" i'm not really sure i use iPhone4,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw idk if that answer that question
SHSH blobs i think only available if its jailbroken ? sry i'm not really sure about it as well.
I just want to make sure if i want to restore to ios 5.1.1 no more problem will be found in the future through IPSW itunes rather than i must use redsnow to restore

if I want to upgrade to ios 7 through IPSW do you think i will get problem as well ? or better OTA ?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that answers the question. I wanted to make sure you had the 4s version.

You said you're trying to remove the jailbreak. That means you must be jailbroken. Download redsn0w from the link I posted above. Go into extras, SHSH blobs, and hit query. It'll give you a list of the blobs saved.

You can't restore with iTunes. They're not signing anything other than 7.0 at this point. If you want 7, then you can use iTunes. Otherwise, you can't.

You're jailbroken, you shouldn't use OTA to fix your issue. If you want to upgrade to iOS 7, put your phone into DFU mode and plug it into your laptop. Follow on screen instructions.

If you're not sure about what I'm telling you, you're welcome to spend hours scouring the net to find out the same information rather than having it nicely packaged for you here.

sayabilli

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes i did said i want to remove jailbreak. but after i used redsn0w restore function it did restore my devices to ios 5.1.1 :yes:

So to sum up, now we cant restore any ios other than 7 in iTunes and if i want to upgrade from 5.1.1 then there no other choice other then 7.
Since my device is not jailbroken anymore "IF" i want to upgrade to 7 OTA will it be okay ? or better use iTunes and put device into DFU ?

Thanks for helping restoring my devices :biggrin:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You CAN OTA. But, I generally recommend using iTunes. It's cleaner. It gets away from needing the iCloud backups. It offers more space since you don't need to store the new firmware on the phone while you upgrade.

Ultimately, that's a decision you'll make on your own =)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner