Can't get rid of settings after installing then deleting using iFile!

Keeya Dezfoli

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I downloaded a .deb using iFile to download IntelliScreenX. Then I deleted it later on using cydia. But now i cant get rid of the intelliscreenx settings in my settings app! i tried downloading it again using iFile to see where it downloaded it. It goes into Var/mobile/documents. I deleted the .deb file from there using OpenSSH but the settings for Intelliscreenx are still there! everytime i try to change the settings though an error pops up or the phone goes into safemode. So idk what to do to get rid of this. Any ideas?

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Browse to "Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences/" and look for any files pertaining to IntelliscreenX and rename the extension (which is safer than deleting).

Reboot the phone and see if the problem is gone. If it's good, delete the files you renamed.

In the future, if you wish to preserve your jailbreak, be VERY careful with iFile. And use Cydia to install packages unless you really know what you're doing. Complex system-altering apps like IntelliscreenX should be treated with caution...

Keeya Dezfoli

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I went in there and i dont see anything related to intelliscreenx. I see all the other tweaks ive downloaded, but nothing with intelliscreenx. i dont know why, for some reason the settings tab for it is there even though the app doesnt exist. Anywhere else it could be? when i put it in ifile i clicked "installer" to download it. Where does that install the files?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try reinstalling it via Cydia, and then uninstalling via Cydia. Is there a reason you wanted to use a .deb instead?

Keeya Dezfoli

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
UNinstalling and reinstalling did the trick! thanks a lot. I used a .deb file to try to get a cracked version, but then i realized that intelliscreenx is pretty much impossible to crack.
Btw, i have another issue thats similar. I installed Auxo and i use it and its in the settings app and everything. But its not in cydia.. so how do i delete this?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR