Can't download from cydia - HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems downloading packages from cydia with the new 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak? I jailbroke with no problems but now I can't seem to download much of anything from cydia with the exception of bitesms. Everything I download says HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error. Anybody else? Can someone smarter than me tell me what the problems is lol? And I'm also running into the iBooks problem as well. Not too concerned about that one though.

hadrice

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I sort of figured out how...

Same problem here. Partial downloads and some has the HTTP error.

It shows the install button again.

SOOOO

1. Install.
2. Install again... but wait notice that the file size gets smaller?
3. If there continues to be http error, keep installing and eventually it'll all download.
4. After it all downloads it will configure and install it all and etc and it will let you restart springboard.

-Sigh- so many bugs with iOS 5.0.1 Untethered! oh well at least it's here :)

roid

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
See the thread above about cydia on 5.0.1. Looks like server overload is the issue and this will get sorted out in a couple of days when there aren't 100k people hitting the servers at the same time.

dtmsempre

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Fix for this

Ok, so here's what you need to do (at least it worked for me).

Step1: Open cydia and go to manage > settings, and set the user type to Developer.
Step2: Go to search and look for a package called 'libhide' and install.
Step3: After re-spring try to install SBsettings again. Should work now.

I think there must be an old filepath/url in the script for install dependent packages in the script for SBSettings. Installing it separately seems to fix it.

hadrice

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
What I meant was, sometimes something doesn't get downloaded. So the package will be partially downloaded. You can keep downloading the remaining items by clicking install over and over again.

For example Installous showed at least 5 of those errors.

8.9MB to 4.5mb, i just clicked install again

4.5mb to 435kb

then i clicked install again, and it eventually downloaded it all and told me to restart the springboard :)

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Well I sort of figured out how...

Same problem here. Partial downloads and some has the HTTP error.

It shows the install button again.

SOOOO

1. Install.
2. Install again... but wait notice that the file size gets smaller?
3. If there continues to be http error, keep installing and eventually it'll all download.
4. After it all downloads it will configure and install it all and etc and it will let you restart springboard.

-Sigh- so many bugs with iOS 5.0.1 Untethered! oh well at least it's here :)

Just so you know it is not any bugs with the jailbreak. There has been a 3-400% increase in traffic to the repositories so things are running slow and not installing properly because the download times out on the back end. Jailbreak bugs would be something like a respring loop or something not the download timing out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox