Can't disable Limit Ad Tracking

I

iMore Question

Limit ad tracking is currently enabled on my phone, but it's in an opaque state where I am unable to disable it. I need to disable it for a feature to work in one of my apps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Settings > Privacy > advertising > limit ad tracking

Steps attempted:
1) reset adv identifier
2) disable/enable location services
3) reset location and privacy
4) reset network settings
5) reset all settings

martinnaj

May 5, 2017
Visit site
I made an account just to thank you

Hi! I found a way how to do this and here is how: Sign out of your Apple ID and it should be able to be turned off!

This worked,
However I am 16 and I use feature points, and that is the reason I want limit ad tracking disabled, when I add my Apple ID back to my iPad it automatically turns on limit ad tracking because my account says I'm not over 18, if I changed age on my Apple ID to over 18 then it will ask me to submit card details :(

Last edited:

munozmg616

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Okay so I have a solution to this, it is August 2017 and I am running on iOS 10.3.3 with an iPhone 6s, so.. first you want to disable your wifi, then go to settings and iTunes and sign out of your icloud. Then you want to soft reset your phone which is holding the lock button and home button at the same time and once your iPhone starts back up, you should be able to toggle the option off, I hope this helped!??????

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have a solution to this, it is August 2017 and I am running on iOS 10.3.3 with an iPhone 6s, so.. first you want to disable your wifi, then go to settings and iTunes and sign out of your icloud. Then you want to soft reset your phone which is holding the lock button and home button at the same time and once your iPhone starts back up, you should be able to toggle the option off, I hope this helped!í*½í¸

That's a hard reset. A soft reset is the power off with the power button only.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2