Can't connect to my App Store or iTunes

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got the iPhone 5 today. Everything was great but now I'm not on wifi and I can connect to my App Store or iTunes. I've tried closing them out and re opening them, turning off the phone and back on, I even tried a hard reset and nothing. Any ideas why I can't connect now that I'm using my cellular Internet?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Verify that you have cellular data by typing in www.imore.com via your mobile Safari browser. If successful, go to Settings-iTunes & App Store, select your Apple ID and then select "sign out". Wait a few seconds and then sign back in. Hopefully, you'll be able to use the App Store.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Couple of questions:
Did you buy the phone from a store, or second hand from somebody else?
Does your cell plan include smartphone data?
Are you able to send/receive calls and text messages?

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Verify that you have cellular data by typing in www.imore.com via your mobile Safari browser. If successful, go to Settings-iTunes & App Store, select your Apple ID and then select "sign out". Wait a few seconds and then sign back in. Hopefully, you'll be able to use the App Store.

I tried that and now I can't even sign in at all now. :/

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Couple of questions:
Did you buy the phone from a store, or second hand from somebody else?
Does your cell plan include smartphone data?
Are you able to send/receive calls and text messages?

Bought it brand new from tmobile, yes, everything unlimited. And I can send and receive iMessage.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried that and now I can't even sign in at all now. :/

You stated that you can send and receive iMessages via cellular data. Can you surf the web? If so, I cannot understand why you cannot access the App Store or the iTunes Store. On my device, I disabled Wi-Fi and then logged out of the App Store. After logging back in, I had no problem accessing the App Store via LTE. Now that I'm thinking about it, go to Settings-General-Restrictions and make sure you didn't somehow restrict access to the App Store and iTunes.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I appreciate all your help. When I gave up, I was going to completely reset the phone and I saw there that you can reset all the connectivity settings. So I tried that first, and it worked perfectly.
Thank you again for all your help.

PubRickRan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a question but don't want to ask it in someone else's thread. Is there some secret way of starting a new thread on this site? I can't figure it out and have an iCloud /iphone question. Thanks!

mudbuny

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There should be a blue button towards the top that you can click on that says start thread. However, I am not sure if maybe you can't start a thread until you have a certain amount of posts?

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a question but don't want to ask it in someone else's thread. Is there some secret way of starting a new thread on this site? I can't figure it out and have an iCloud /iphone question. Thanks!

Go into the forum you want to ask the question about and then the icon to start the thread is the same as replying. The symbol with the arrow that some use for air printing in their picture gallery

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal