Can't check AT&T data usage?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So I got the iPhone on the 2nd and I LOVE IT, however, I have not been able to check my data usage at all. The first day it said 0mb out of 2,048 which made sense. Then on the 3rd, my data plan vanished completely, however, it works fine on my phone. I called AT&T yesterday and they told me the data plan is there but they couldn't see my recent usage and to give it about 24hrs which it has been. I don't want to call again because I'm sure they'll tell me to wait another 24 hrs. When I go to settings, usage, I can view it under Cellular Network Data but I am curious why I can't track my data usage in the AT&T app or website or by dialing *DATA#. I am a new AT&T customer if that makes any difference. I was wondering if any iPhone users ever experienced this on AT&T when becoming a new customer or just out of the ordinary. Thanks

Why I dial *DATA# it just sends me a text with my TEXT messaging usage, not data.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you bought the phone a couple of days ago it's probably in the middle of a bill cycle.
It'll be normal once the new bill cycle starts. This is normal.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
If you bought the phone a couple of days ago it's probably in the middle of a bill cycle.
It'll be normal once the new bill cycle starts. This is normal.

The new billing cycle already started, well at least according to AT&T. And when I check usage via the AT&T app or website or by dialing *DATA# nothing with data actually shows up, except my text messages from *DATA#

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Nothing to worry about. Despite the billing cycle starting\ending, give it a week or so. Plus, from your device you can see the data usage for now, no?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Nothing to worry about. Despite the billing cycle starting\ending, give it a week or so. Plus, from your device you can see the data usage for now, no?

Yeah it showed up this afternoon. Funny thing is, the AT&T usage says I've only used 0.03 out of my 2,048 MB and the iPhone itself says I've sent like 15MB and received like 30MB lol. Gonna go with AT&T usage for now. Thanks for everyone who replied!!!!! :)