Cant change my wallpaper

trey19841

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
After i updated to iOS 8.1.3 on my iPhone 6 plus i can't change my wallpaper. I go to setting and click on the wallpaper like i always have to try and change it and it just shuts down. Anybody else having this problem or no how to fix it ? I have reset it and restored from a backup and it still does the same thing. I don't no what else to do

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Have you tried rebooting your device? If not, go ahead and do so and then try changing your wallpaper. If that doesn't fix it, assume you have a bad update and then do a clean install of iOS via iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have tried that i just updated to 8.2 and its doing the same thing. i don't get it

I don't get it either. Unless you have a corrupted setting or something, there shouldn't be no reason for you to be unable to change your wallpaper. I recommend doing a clean install.

1. Locate the ipsw file on your computer and then delete it.
2. Put your device in DFU mode.
3. After iTunes recognizes your device in "recovery", select to restore and update it.
4. After the process is finished, and you are greeted with the welcome screen, go ahead and set up the device as new and not from a backup.
5. After you get to your homescreen, go to Settings - Wallpaper and then see if you can change your wallpaper. If you can, great. If not, you may want to consider making a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problems for you.

darrenapplehead

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey I've had the same problems with not being able to change my wallpaper. Called apple a few times on this, they honestly say, each time, they have never heard of this happening. Even though I e called more than once regarding this issue. Their wisdom? Basically reset the machine and start from scratch. I just did that back in January, so like 4 months ago, and then again recently. Guess what...same issue still exists. Next apple suggestion? Send us back the iPad, and we'll send you a new one. Guess what? I did that back in December, to fix a littany of issues that somehow still seem to plague me - but only since going to ios8. I've almost completely lost all faith in a company I used to love. My guess is they are now just like every other company out there, only concerned with gaining new customers. They could care less about any product more than about 6 months old. They don't test their operating systems fully. They are only worried about being first to market. And who cares if it's deficient, safe, tested, working, compliant, secure, or sound... Are you listening yet Apple, we are getting very impatient and we are going to abandon you, en masse, unless you get smart and remember your customers that have been with you since day one. You may sell a lot of apple watches, but when those things start behaving as badly as your current line of products, you are going to be too far down the hole to make up for it. And sure, you got cash to last you a few more seasons without too much worry, but trust me...when push comes to shove, the cash will go to the few heads of state, and the rest of your company will be shucking corn. Sorry to say, but ya'll best get your heads pulled out your arses and start working on fixing what should work, instead of planning the next big thing. Cuz this crisis, IS the next big thing. It's here. Fess up to it and fix it for Apples sake.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey I've had the same problems with not being able to change my wallpaper. Called apple a few times on this, they honestly say, each time, they have never heard of this happening. Even though I e called more than once regarding this issue. Their wisdom? Basically reset the machine and start from scratch. I just did that back in January, so like 4 months ago, and then again recently. Guess what...same issue still exists. Next apple suggestion? Send us back the iPad, and we'll send you a new one. Guess what? I did that back in December, to fix a littany of issues that somehow still seem to plague me - but only since going to ios8. I've almost completely lost all faith in a company I used to love. My guess is they are now just like every other company out there, only concerned with gaining new customers. They could care less about any product more than about 6 months old. They don't test their operating systems fully. They are only worried about being first to market. And who cares if it's deficient, safe, tested, working, compliant, secure, or sound... Are you listening yet Apple, we are getting very impatient and we are going to abandon you, en masse, unless you get smart and remember your customers that have been with you since day one. You may sell a lot of apple watches, but when those things start behaving as badly as your current line of products, you are going to be too far down the hole to make up for it. And sure, you got cash to last you a few more seasons without too much worry, but trust me...when push comes to shove, the cash will go to the few heads of state, and the rest of your company will be shucking corn. Sorry to say, but ya'll best get your heads pulled out your arses and start working on fixing what should work, instead of planning the next big thing. Cuz this crisis, IS the next big thing. It's here. Fess up to it and fix it for Apples sake.
There's nothing to fix. No one I know is having that issue. Are you using the correct size wallpapers? Have you tried adding the wallpaper from the photos app rather than from settings?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

First of all, Welcome to iMore.

Next, we are NOT Apple and it's doubtful that Apple reads this forum, at least with the consistency that you seem to think they do/should.

Third, you are one individual with an issue - hardly a "crisis" OR "the next big thing".

Next, you are free with the hyperbole, but again, your post is devoid of useful information in terms of your specific issue/problem. (What device do you have (iPad is not particularly helpful since there are NINE different models)? What version of iOS are you running? Are you jailbroken?)

Your laundry list of grievances includes "they could care less...", "only concerned about gaining new customers...", "you got the cash...". In my experience, Apple has the best post-purchase support and the best customer support in the industry. I have had several issues with devices "more than about 6 months old" that have been addressed and resolved by Apple (for example, I had a 4+ year old MacBook that Apple replaced the entire upper and lower case for free because the plastic case was cracking).

Now, get your panties out of that uncomfortable wad, and tell us in great detail exactly what you have (device and iOS versions), exactly what you are seeing, exactly what you have tried and let us (a bunch of Apple users who are not employees or otherwise connected to the company) see if we can help.

Or, just keep whinging about how Apple has messed you over, taken your money and ran away from you and your issues. The choice is yours.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Cuz this crisis, IS the next big thing. It's here. Fess up to it and fix it for Apples sake.

Except it's not...it's something that a tiny number of people are reporting out of the tens of MILLIONS of users who are not having any issues like this at all. There's nothing for Apple to "fess up" to...there is no "crisis". What there is are isolated issues being reported and blown out of proportion by people like you (this happens every time a new firmware is released...people pretend like issues they experience MUST be experienced by all people, and this is almost never true).

In the case of you and the OP, I would highly suggest you take your device in for a repair or replacement to rule out your specific hardware being the issue. If the problem continues, you've now isolated the issue as being engrained in your backup...and should restore as new. Corruptions happen all the time with file storage and file backup...this is not something specific to any one technology company...and while it's inconveniencing and annoying...there's really not anything that can be done once a back up is corrupted...there's also really no way of knowing HOW it happened since corruptions can occur for thousands of reasons.

poisonivy33ca

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5 changing the wallpaper. I have not called customer service as I just had to talk to them yesterday and swear I got the stupidest person that works at a call centre. I am so choked and if didn't already have an iPad and iMac I would definitely toss this phone for another brand. Crap service crap phones crap batteries and crap support!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5 changing the wallpaper. I have not called customer service as I just had to talk to them yesterday and swear I got the stupidest person that works at a call centre. I am so choked and if didn't already have an iPad and iMac I would definitely toss this phone for another brand. Crap service crap phones crap batteries and crap support!!!

So, what's happening?

Zarul Shekhar

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
There's no need to restore the phone and go through all that trouble. Here is what worked for me:

Make sure you quit all applications. Then do a hard reset. You can do this by holding down the Home and Power button at the same time for a few seconds. Release both buttons the moment you see the Apple Logo on boot up. Now go to setting and change your wallpaper. It will work. Enjoy!

poisonivy33ca

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Nothing is happening. I don't have time to troubleshoot this issue as I'm needing to upgrade my phone. Seriously am considering NOT staying with Apple products as any interaction with customer support including in the store itself have been the worst customer service I've ever experienced!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nothing is happening. I don't have time to troubleshoot this issue as I'm needing to upgrade my phone. Seriously am considering NOT staying with Apple products as any interaction with customer support including in the store itself have been the worst customer service I've ever experienced!

OK. But you haven't explained your problem. Maybe we can help. What, exactly, is wrong?

turbodave38

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

You want serious headaches, and problems, and lousy, non existent customer service? Switch to and Android phone! Been there, done that!

countrylouks

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
There's no need to restore the phone and go through all that trouble. Here is what worked for me:

Make sure you quit all applications. Then do a hard reset. You can do this by holding down the Home and Power button at the same time for a few seconds. Release both buttons the moment you see the Apple Logo on boot up. Now go to setting and change your wallpaper. It will work. Enjoy!
It works!!! Thanks man!! Everyone try this, this guy is smart.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro