cannot log out

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Since the Mobile Nations passport went live yesterday, I cannot log out of iMore forums. Clicking on "log out" gives me a brief pop up showing a Mobile Nations logo, but then it takes me back to the iMore forums home page where I'm still logged in.

I am able to log out of Android Central, wpcentral, and CB. It's only iMore that keeps me logged in.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
same for me, cant log out. BUT if when your done you go into clear your cache etc. it clears it up so that when you pull up the page again, you'd have to sign back in.

At least thats been working for me...still a PITA tho.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
same for me, cant log out. BUT if when your done you go into clear your cache etc. it clears it up so that when you pull up the page again, you'd have to sign back in.

You're right. That does work for me also on the PC desktop browser.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm the opposite. I can log out of the iMore Forums without a problem, however, when I log in, I'm stuck waiting for it to clear the login process. When I refresh the page, it takes me to the main forums page and it shows that I'm logged in. This has happened to me via the Safari web browser on both my iPad and my iPhone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Yup... a major PITA....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am so beyond annoyed at all the changes around here. They took a forum that worked pretty much flawlessly and turned it into a site that doesn’t work, forces some to re-login all the time, refuses to let others log out at all... and that barely limps along from from one problem to the next.

Looking for an Apple-centric forum that just works, like Apple does. SMH

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am so beyond annoyed at all the changes around here. They took a forum that worked pretty much flawlessly and turned it into a site that doesn?t work, forces some to re-login all the time, refuses to let others log out at all... and that barely limps along from from one problem to the next.

Looking for an Apple-centric forum that just works, like Apple does. SMH

I agree, Fausty82. In an attempt to simplify what I thought was a great forum experience, they have made the experience frustrating and inefficient. For a site who understands Apple's reluctance to completely overhaul iOS for fear of ticking off its user base and losing its ease of use reputation, iMore has, in my opinion, done just that with this forum. Those who are actually working relentlessly trying to make the user experience better for us, I thank you. I really do, however, it's the user experience that is flawed and not your hard work.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree. It's not just iMore. All of the Mobile Nations sites have gotten clunky and buggy. :(
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so my thread was closed and I was referred HERE even though my issue is different.

This thread is about NOT BEING ABLE TO LOG OUT. Mine was about CONSTANTLY BEING LOGGED OUT.

I have a couple of points to make about this...

First, IT’S A DIFFERENT ISSUE.
Second, recently Rene said something to the effect that duplicate threads were encouraged because it generated more traffic. But it now looks like that, too, has changed recently.

Really, really annoyed. Taking some time off in search of an Apple-centric forum that isn't in shambles... and one that isn't being run willy-nilly. I’ve been here almost 2-1/2 years would hate to have to start over somewhere else... but consider this my self-imposed time out.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
We pushed out several Passport code changes today. Please let me know if the issues above are still ongoing.

It still requires me to log in every time I visit... up until this last round of "updates", I was always logged in when I came back to the forum. Therefore, it is still broken.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It still requires me to log in every time I visit... up until this last round of "updates", I was always logged in when I came back to the forum. Therefore, it is still broken.
on your computer... clear the cache for your web browser and delete cookies.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

At least you CAN LOG IN!!! Im still locked out because of "token expired" at my home!!!
Thank goodness for tapatalk!