Cannot delete iCloud backup

I

iMore Question

Previously I used iCloud to backup iPhone but stopped using backup a long time ago. I cannot get rid of this backup file in my iCloud storage. I have accessed iCloud for Windows, iCloud Storage but no backup file exists there to delete. Apple support document says to go on phone or iCloud for Windows to delete the backup, but the backup does not exist on phone since I have set backup to off. Anyone have any solutions? Thanks

KC1988

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
IMG_0031.PNGIMG_0032.PNG

See attached images to see the iCloud backup taking 943.2 MB but the Backups data shows 0 KB

KC1988

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
And I gather that in iCloud for Windows, under the Storage option, it lists the same thing?

Yes. Shows the MB used, but 0 backups.

I called Apple Support Again! First line of support had the typical routine of check settings, iCloud for Windows, blah. Was on version 15.6 but rep insisted that 15.6.1 had to be installed. After all that, escalated to tier 2 support. He had me go through similar stuff. I mentioned about an old Apple support discussion about them resetting backup on their end. Viola, backup disappeared.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Shows the MB used, but 0 backups.

I called Apple Support Again! First line of support had the typical routine of check settings, iCloud for Windows, blah. Was on version 15.6 but rep insisted that 15.6.1 had to be installed. After all that, escalated to tier 2 support. He had me go through similar stuff. I mentioned about an old Apple support discussion about them resetting backup on their end. Viola, backup disappeared.

So Apple Support removed the invisible backups?