[CANADA] iPhone 7 Plus updated to 10.2.1 and No more Canada News Widget ?

deadtorights

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and just update to 10.2.1 and after finish reboot, I notice there is no more Canada News Widget.
If i change my Region to US, I can see the US news. After I change it back to Canada, the news Widget is gone and it's not under the EDIT section.
Anyone else have that issue?

My ipad mini 2 also with latest iOS does show News widget.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, someone from Canada who has experienced this and can shed some light on the matter will reply soon.

deadtorights

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It's an bug.
I change it to US again, go back to news and click on show less and move position and play with it and switch again région and it's back now.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Canada and have updated my 7 Plus. My news widget is working fine and has been since I've updated. Also works on 2 iPhone 6's and SE that I updated.

My suggestion would be to do a hard reset. Hold the power & home button at the same time until you see the  logo. Then release the buttons and wait for it to finish. This works on phones up to the 6s/6s Plus. If you have an iPhone 7 then hold the power and volume down button together until you see the  logo. Then release the buttons and wait for it to finish. Hopefully this will solve the problem for you. Thanks!

deadtorights

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Updated my air 2 to the 10.2.1 and also lost the news app. Not impressed.
What is the reasoning?

Change the region to Unite State, go to the widget, move the news app to top (if is not top or move it somewhere else), click show less and change the region back to Canada and see if it appear again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro