Can you share some tricks and tips to help protect our iPhones?

kunz_1925

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Hey there!

Old blackberry user finally migrating to the Apple platform. I hoping if anyone can share some tricks and tips to help protect our iPhones!

currently I use a VPN for the internet, it appears there is no anti virus app for Apple same as the old Blackberry. I have been searching the app store for security related apps, your recommendations would be a great help!

btw,if anyone might know of a tool that show your netspeed in real time, similar to IPTRAF or just a widget where you can see in Mbps or kbps,would be ok...free of course!

Thanks in advance!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Apple doesn't allow traditional antivirus apps on the App Store. You shouldn't have to worry too much about it as long as you don't jailbreak. Here's an article to help if you feel you need extra security.
https://www.techradar.com/news/best-antivirus-for-iphone-in-2018

This app has a widget that shows internet speeds, but I don't think it updates in real-time. I'm unaware of one that would. Seems like that might be an iOS no-no from Apple's viewpoint.

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Not all VPN products are created equal. One needs to do some homework to make sure you really have TNO (trust no one) encryption. I happen to use one based on OpenVPN.

You need to make sure private data is encrypted and not recycle passwords. My preferred platform for that is LassPass. It's super for an individual and for a business or enterprise scenario.

Don't recycle passwords for web and Internet services and apply same strategy you have for phone to your personal computer is another piece of advice.

On anti-virus, keep in mind that file based AV can't keep up. DNS-based and network based security are where you have to be for modern safe computing.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
When you get in the car, put it down and don't use it. That will protect your device.....and yourself.....and your passengers.....and other drivers. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73