Can you selectively restore from iOS backup? If so how?

itpromike

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I want to have a clean install of the OS when iOS 9 comes however I don't want to lose my notes, or any of my saved data within the apps I use. Is there a way to clean install and just restore data/settings for particular apps? I want all the iOS parts to be fresh (accept I don't want to lose my texts or notes) and I only want to restore saved data from some apps and games. Is this possible or is a restore all or nothing?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I want to have a clean install of the OS when iOS 9 comes however I don't want to lose my notes, or any of my saved data within the apps I use. Is there a way to clean install and just restore data/settings for particular apps? I want all the iOS parts to be fresh (accept I don't want to lose my texts or notes) and I only want to restore saved data from some apps and games. Is this possible or is a restore all or nothing?

No. Restoring from backup is all or nothing.

ajschwenk

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestion for apps or OSX programs to backup certain data like messages, contacts, passwords etc.? I think my backup is some what corrupted I've had several iPhone's and a couple of them I had jailbroken. My iPhone 6 plus is really lagging and the spring board will crash about once a week.

gcharleseric

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestion for apps or OSX programs to backup certain data like messages, contacts, passwords etc.? I think my backup is some what corrupted I've had several iPhone's and a couple of them I had jailbroken. My iPhone 6 plus is really lagging and the spring board will crash about once a week.

You can use ibackup bot. It allows you to browse in all the files of your backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro