Can you save game data on a backup and restore from that?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Can you save game data on a backup and restore from that? I don't want to lose my game data when I restore. Thanks guys. :)

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Most games will have your game saves over the cloud but some do not do that so if you do a restore expect to loose some game saves

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I restored from an iTunes backup and my data was saved. I hope this helps other people that were having the same worries.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
For the people with battery life issues after updating to iOS 7, I have great news!!! A restore helps fix the issue. I now have a longer battery life.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you save game data on a backup and restore from that? I don't want to lose my game data when I restore. Thanks guys. :)

Although you found out that you can restore game data via restoring a backup, it must be noted that you cannot pick and choose specifically what to restore. It's all or none.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Although you found out that you can restore game data via restoring a backup, it must be noted that you cannot pick and choose specifically what to restore. It's all or none.
Very good point and it is also worth noting...(Statement from galaxyboy in reference to his statement on battery life) restoring your phone does not mean you are going to get better battery life. Luck of the draw and how old your phone/battery is and if you have cycled and took care of your battery from day one.
Right now my 5S has the most amazing battery stay power because it is new and it blows me away. I am also going to be realistic enough to know that the more cycles and older my phone and battery gets it is going to drop no matter what i do to it.
No reason to give members false help by pretty much telling them to restore and get better battery life, There are no guarantees.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For the people with battery life issues, I have great news!!! A restore helps fix the issue. I now have a longer battery life.
Worth repeating this it is also worth noting... restoring your phone does not mean you are going to get better battery life. Luck of the draw and how old your phone/battery is and if you have cycled and took care of your battery from day one.
Right now my 5S has the most amazing battery stay power because it is new and it blows me away. I am also going to be realistic enough to know that the more cycles and older my phone and battery gets it is going to drop no matter what i do to it.
No reason to give members false help by pretty much telling them to restore and get better battery life, There are no guarantees.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My device is a year old and the battery life got worse when I updated it to iOS 7. So I took it to be an OS related issue. Then after I restored, the battery life improved considerably.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Worth repeating this it is also worth noting... restoring your phone does not mean you are going to get better battery life. Luck of the draw and how old your phone/battery is and if you have cycled and took care of your battery from day one.

I wasn't trying to give anyone "false help".