can you change your @me.com name?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
ok, so i went ahead and started a new mobileme act. i figure i've got 60 days to try it out right? lol, i tried it once before and only used it for like 2 days, i thought it screwed up my email, but now i know that a yahoo business email is pretty much the culprit. my question is this, now that i've got an acct set up, is there a way to change my "name" on the acct? like go from joe@me.com to joe302@me.com? or do i have to basically start up a new acct to do this?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
YOu can not change the name that you set up the MoMe account with. That is the bad news.:( The Good news is that you can create an Alias within that account. (ie. Account was set up as Me@me.com. Alias can be set up as Me2@me.com) When an email is sent, you can choose for it to be sent from either email address. (Me@me.com or Me2@me.com) All incoming emails will come to the same MoMe account.

You can find Aliases in MoMe in Mail=>Settings=>Preferences=>Aliases.

Just remember it is not a separate account like Gmail it is just an Alias coming to that account.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
No, you cannot create an alias with a trial account. If you're planning to purchase MobileMe, I recommend getting a new account with the name you want. You cannot send email from your iPhone under an alias.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No, you cannot create an alias with a trial account. If you're planning to purchase MobileMe, I recommend getting a new account with the name you want. You cannot send email from your iPhone under an alias.

Yea just cancel that account and make a new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73