Can you buy a Verizon brand iPhone 6 Plus full retail on Apple site?

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Weird. In Australia the option to buy outright is normal and the phone comes unlocked which is the best.

Not here in the good old USA. Carriers still rule with an iron fist.
Verizon LTE phones come unlocked as part of a deal the last time they purchased spectrum, but phones other than iPhones have bands that don't always work with other carriers.
Sprint phones are locked down completely, even when unlocked for international use they will not work on another carrier.
ATT will fight you every bit of the way to unlock a phone.
T-Mobile will unlock them but only after you have used it for 40 days. So my full price iPhone 6 that I bought launch day with no contract or payment plan has to wait to be unlocked.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
ATT will fight you every bit of the way to unlock a phone.
T-Mobile will unlock them but only after you have used it for 40 days. So my full price iPhone 6 that I bought launch day with no contract or payment plan has to wait to be unlocked.

True about AT&T. With T-Mobile they will unlock the phone, up to two a year as long as you OWN the phone. I unlocked my iPhone 5S just before selling it and I had it on the network for less than a week. Saving my next unlock for my 6+ which I also paid for in full.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
True about AT&T. With T-Mobile they will unlock the phone, up to two a year as long as you OWN the phone. I unlocked my iPhone 5S just before selling it and I had it on the network for less than a week. Saving my next unlock for my 6+ which I also paid for in full.

Yup except you need to have it active for 40 days. Even if paid in full.

itsn3z

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I believe I may have a workaround, though it would be a pain. I'm hoping to buy it as new line on Verizon for in-store pickup, then when I'm at the store, tell them I'd like to return the item and purchase it full price instead. All carriers, including Verizon have a 14 day cancellation with full refund, so I don't see any issue, as long as the Apple employee will do it.

I assume any activation fee would also be refunded, or never incurred since I'd be returning immediately before activating?
What do you think? Anyone done something like this? I'm afraid I'd also need to do this with AT&T as it doesn't want to allow me to select NEXT financing as an option online with my account.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I believe I may have a workaround, though it would be a pain. I'm hoping to buy it as new line on Verizon for in-store pickup, then when I'm at the store, tell them I'd like to return the item and purchase it full price instead. All carriers, including Verizon have a 14 day cancellation with full refund, so I don't see any issue, as long as the Apple employee will do it.

I assume any activation fee would also be refunded, or never incurred since I'd be returning immediately before activating?
What do you think? Anyone done something like this? I'm afraid I'd also need to do this with AT&T as it doesn't want to allow me to select NEXT financing as an option online with my account.

I actually found a local best buy that has the iPhone in stock. I might go that route instead of constantly checking the Apple site

Posted via the iMore App for Android

rnd0209

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Verizon iPhone 6 16gb and an iPhone 6 plus 128gb at FULL RETAIL on the day preorders went live and I did it off the Apple Store site.

Just sign in and choose your phone then size service and then replace phone with a new phone then put your number in and all your VZW account data and if you are not eligible for an upgrade then your price for that particular phone will be FULL RETAIL. Check out and voila your own a new iPhone.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site

I'm planning to just purchase mine at Best Buy... I *think* you can purchase it full retail at the store

Posted via the iMore App for Android

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Verizon iPhone 6 16gb and an iPhone 6 plus 128gb at FULL RETAIL on the day preorders went live and I did it off the Apple Store site.

Just sign in and choose your phone then size service and then replace phone with a new phone then put your number in and all your VZW account data and if you are not eligible for an upgrade then your price for that particular phone will be FULL RETAIL. Check out and voila your own a new iPhone.

That is the same thing I just did. No issues and was done within a couple of minutes.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

But the issue is when you DO have an upgrade available but DON'T want to use it because you don't want to give up your unlimited data plan. This is the scenario where some of us run into trouble when trying to purchase online through the Apple Store. They only give you the option of taking the discounted upgrade price.

jonathanb2677

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Well yeah that's Verizon doing that bull**** because they want you to give up your grandfathered unlimited data lol, I just added a line then terminated my other but I don't have unlimited data so it's diff

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have ATT and was not able to order full retail 6+ on apple.com at all, neither store pick up and ship!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my 6 Plus through Verizon at the full retail price and simply canceled my service with them the next day. My first and final bill was only $45 which wasn't bad. I'm now using it with AT&T.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox