Can you answer a few question regarding iOS 8 GM?

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
This is the first year that I have done the beta thing and had some questions about updating to GM.

1. My understanding is that after GM is released, you just attach your iphone to iTunes and tell it to check for an update. Is this correct?

2. Do you have to be on beta 5 for it to find the GM update? I had to switch back to 7.1.2 because of some work apps so it would be nice if I could update to this.

3. Does updating to GM act like a restore and delete everything off your phone?

Thanks.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Ios 8 GM

You get the GM the same way you do the betas. By logging in to the dev site. Connect to iTunes Alt+Check for update or on a Mac Option + Check for update and locate the file you just downloaded.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ios 8 GM

If you have a dev account, you should be able to install the GM without loosing your personal data just like you were installing the beta version before. Install it with iTunes but do perform a back up of your files first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there a option to remove stocks from Notification Center in GM because I don't see it

1. Open the Notification Center on your phone (NOT in settings - the actual Notification Center screen).
  2. Scroll to the bottom and tap the [EDIT] button.
  3. Do the needful.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner