Can someone "hack" my camera?

azoslr

May 17, 2017
Visit site
A lot of people noticed a photo of Mark Zuckerberg covering his laptop camera with tape several months back, and it got me thinking... How credible is it that an external threat to take control of my FaceTime camera on a MacBook? Or come to think of it, any other apple device??

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t mind it.
They will see at most the ceiling, the inside of my pockets or my face. None of them are credible threats to me.

Oh, remotely enabling the microphone will only make them hear background noise, the tv or music that I’m playing.

I am not worried.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With time, skill and the right equipment, I’m sure a device’s camera can be hacked, especially if connected to the internet.

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm completely sure that a hacker can easily hack into your camera. I know it's silly, but remember the second episode of Mr. Robot

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
What you have to think about is why would they hack your or my camera? Someone famous like Zuckerberg, sure. Me? I doubt it.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL, I'm really not that important (only in my mind...LOL) for someone to care what I do...I don't think so anyway...LOL. But more on a serious note, anything can be HACKED.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The NSA can probably do it, but again they ain't generally looking at regular folks. OR ARE THEY!!!!!! lol

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Can someone "hack" my camera?

LOL, I'm really not that important (only in my mind...LOL) for someone to care what I do...I don't think so anyway...LOL. But more on a serious note, anything can be HACKED.

I hacked your cam once. It was scary so I closed it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro