Can someone get palm os emulator onto iPhone?

treodaily

Feb 11, 2004
Visit site
Maybe Palm could do this with Apple? There is certainly enough memory on the iPhone. Maybe all programs are loaded into the emulator on the mac desktop and the whole thing is synced through itunes. If something crashes in palmos then shuts down and goes to iphone. Keep it totally seperate. This could give Apple access to 1000's of programs and somehow keep the phone secure. Not a programmer so don't really know if this would work.

CountBuggula

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Well for one the iPhone would have to be able to actually run programs in order for that to happen.

Another....oh wait no that pretty much settles it.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Palm would have no incentive to do this because that would mean they wouldnt sell another treo ever and Apple would have little incentive to do this because it would be adding proven instability to their new device.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Ya know, I rely heavily on splashid (bad memory), but it is typical my palm experience. One day I load it up and it doesn't ask me for my password. Instead it tells me it's unregistered, and asks me for registration info.

So I figure the preferences.db got fried (it had happened to me before). So I use backupbuddy to restore a version of the preferences.db from a few days earlier (i didn't have a more recent one because it won't do regular backups when installed on a sd card. what's with that?)

Anyway, i relaunch splashid. Now it still won't ask me for my password, and all my data is gone.

So i go to backupbuddy and try to restore splashid's database. But no good - it's encrypted or scrambled or something, so backupbuddy yells at me.

A typical day in treo-land for me.

Right now i'm writing a little webapp to replace it. And I'll hope that my iphone (which fedex says is now 45 miles away) is a little more reliable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2