Can I use my apple tv without my tv connected to a cable?

I

iMore Question

I only have a wifi connection, can I use my apple tv without my tv connected to a cable?

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: connection question for the apps tv

You can connect your Apple TV to your TV via HDMI and use WiFi. But if you are talking about A/V connection, then that doesn't seem possible.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I only have a wifi connection, can I use my apple tv without my tv connected to a cable?

Yes. You can connect your Apple TV to your television set. Now the last part of your question is a tad confusing. Are you asking whether or not your television set has to be connected to a cable/provider in order to use your Apple TV then the answer is two-fold. In order to view Netflix movies, Hulu Plus shows, etcetera, you will need Internet access of some kind, but streaming via AirPlay will not require the TV set to have a cable/Internet connection. If you're asking if your Apple TV needs to be connected to your TV set via a cable then yes - either HDMI or A/V cables - unless your TV has Wi-Fi capabilities.

kopek25

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
You can connect your Apple TV to your TV via HDMI and use WiFi. But if you are talking about A/V connection, then that doesn't seem possible good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner