Can I use iphone as a go phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The big name carriers will require that you get a data plan with any smartphone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
D, I believe the OP is referring to prepaid "Go Phone" service with AT&T in which case the answer would be yes, and a data plan would not be required.

If you are talking about AT&T's prepaid Go Phone service, yes you can. You can pick from any one of their prepaid smartphone plans. The $25 and $50 plan do not come with included data and don't require that you add one. Here is a link to their smartphone prepaid plans: Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, GoPhone Plans, & Prepaid Smartphone plans from AT&T

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I appreciate it. :)

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot.

Can I use an old iphone that was already being used as an AT&T or Sprint contract phone? The Sprint phones seem to be cheaper online so I'm leaning toward buying my mom that now.

If I can, I'll get the 10 cents a minute go phone plan for my mom. She doesn't use the phone much anyway and can play on internet via wifi.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot.

Can I use an old iphone that was already being used as an AT&T or Sprint contract phone? The Sprint phones seem to be cheaper online so I'm leaning toward buying my mom that now.

If I can, I'll get the 10 cents a minute go phone plan for my mom. She doesn't use the phone much anyway and can play on internet via wifi.

The AT&T device might be possible to be used on AT&T prepaid... and the Sprint device with Sprint prepaid... but you can't take the AT&T device to a Sprint prepaid plan, and vice-versa.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot.

As Keith said above, a old AT&T phone can be used on AT&T's prepaid network . However, it can not be used on Sprints network.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app