Can i purchase the off-contract T-Mobile iPhone 6 & use it on AT&T??

BobAustin

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone 5 on AT&T and have satisfied my contract. I recently moved from a contract to AT&T's Mobile Share plan. I pay only $15 per device and want to keep it that way. When I signed onto the plan, AT&T told me when I purchased a new phone I could either sign-up for another 2-year contract (and raise my monthly device fee to $40), sign up for their NEXT service (and pay a hefty monthly fee) or bring my own phone (and have no contract obligations). I want to just buy the iPhone 6 for full price and activate it on AT&T. It seems as though paying full price would be the simplest option, but it's turning out to be the most difficult. I spent a couple hours on the phone with Apple yesterday, another couple hours online with them this am, and just got off the phone with them. The latest rep told me I could buy the T-Mobile phone and activate it on AT&T, but she didn't seem very knowledgeable. I want to make sure the phone is not locked on T-Mobile or have some other limitation versus the AT&T version. (This info probably hasn't changed since the iPhone 5.) Does anyone have any insights? Thanks!

The_Dark_Passenger

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
In the past, the no contract T-Mobile iPhone's have been unlocked. I expect this time around to be no different. My current T-Mobile 5s that I purchased full price from Apple's online store is working just fine on AT&T. It sounds like though if you buy the T-Mobile iPhone from T-Mobile then it is locked. So, make sure to buy it from Apple.