• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Can I pause icloud upload

I

iMore Question

iCloud help. I have grown to hate iCloud.it will not allow you to pause. I have nearly 200 gb of crap my iMac is trying to upload. All my computer does is grind grind grind. That noise has given me a headache. I do not want to completely stop it. It said something about deleting files. I do not want to lose any files from my iMac or my iCloud. I can do not anything on my iMac cause it t just tries to upload all time. That takes all he memory. Is there anyway of temporarily pausing it. Found I can pause the photos, but I want to stop everything without losing files.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, can you not disable syncing in the iCloud settings. In doing so, you should be prompted to choose what to do with the data that's on the computer - Keep it or remove it. If you choose to keep it, that data will remain on the computer and will no longer sync to iCloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guideontheside