Can I jailbreak a Verizon iPhone 4 containing iOS 6.1.3?

iChange

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a CDMA/Verizon White iPhone 4 16gb. I have recently been putting in screens for iPads, iPods, and iPhones for family and friends and played with a friends Jailbroken iPhone 5... I have had 2 jailbroken devices, an iPhone 8gb 3GS and an iPhone 4 16gb GSM/AT&T. And man it sure has changed since my Cydia days. So I was like "I got this phone for free (Sister Gave It To Me In Exchange for an iPod touch 4th gen screen installation and iPad screen installation) so why not try and jailbreak it!" So I did a quick search and boom! Millions of different site pop-up and I scroll through them and find an evasi0n program for the iOS version 6.1.2 and I downloaded it to my computer and jailbroke it. changed my font to Halo 3 font and download a tweek, a LS theme. I don't remember which one since I didn't expect it to go to the apple logo start-up screen and stay there for 30 minutes or more. So I did a quick search and have started the restore process (Yes I backed up everything before the Jailbreak) But now it is updating to iOS 6.1.3! And I would like to try to jailbreak it again. "the right way"? So that's why I'm here. So I am wondering what my best options are. :confused:
I wanted to clarify that the device I have and that this happened to is an CDMA/Verizon iPhone 4 16gb.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FYI: This thread was renamed from
[h=3]iPhone 4 CDMA/Verizon Jailbreaking Problems[/h]

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that once you upgrade to 6.1.3 this fixes one or more of the exploits used to jailbreak. So, the short answer is currently there is no means to jailbreak with iOS 6.1.3

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

iChange

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I believe you can jailbreak 6.1.3 with Redsn0w semi-tethered by tricking it using a 6.0 ipsw.

You need to learn the difference between semi-tethered and untethered before you go ahead. If its not untethered, then it means you need a computer to boot the iDevice if its switched off. Battery dies for example.

Here is a tutorial for you:

How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 Tethered on iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch 4G With Redsn0w 0.9. 15b3 [GUIDE]

Thank you. I will try it now. My iPhone just got done restoring.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro