Can i increase my iPhone memory storage?

helenelliott

Oct 31, 2019
Visit site
if anybody know's how can i increase my iphone 6 memory storage.when i store photo and video in my phone my phone memory gone full becase my memory storage is 16GB and i want to expand this with more GB without purchasing new iphone.i hope you will help me.

Thank you

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Enable iCloud Photo Library in iCloud settings on the iPhone and enable optimized storage.
Keep in mind that you may have to get a larger iCloud storage tier to store all your photos but that still beats getting a new iPhone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. I don't think it's possible to increase your internal memory storage. However, there are some other things that you can do.

You can use an external flash drive. Here is a link to an article found here on iMore about the best flash drives for iPhones.

You can use an external hard drive. Here is a link to an article found here on iMore about how to use external hard drives with an iPhone.

And then there's cloud storage. There are all sorts of cloud storage apps available. Here is a link to an iMore article about the best cloud storage for iPhones.

And last, but not least, there's iCloud Storage. Here's information about iCloud Storage from Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
if anybody know's how can i increase my iphone 6 memory storage.when i store photo and video in my phone my phone memory gone full becase my memory storage is 16GB and i want to expand this with more GB without purchasing new iphone.i hope you will help me.

Thank you

You cannot increased the storage capacity on an iPhone. You can, however, use cloud storage options like iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etcetera in conjunction with your iPhone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore @helenelliott. Thanks for joining and feel free to join in on the many threads on iMore. Enjoy.
No you cannot increase the memory on your iPhone, however you can use several alternative methods.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I neglected to mention Google Photos, which I use a lot. It's an app that you can install on your phone. It backs up all of your photos. It's free, and space is unlimited. Once I'm sure that my photos have been saved on Google Photos, I remove most photos from my phone. The neat thing is that you can easily access your photos stored on Google photos via the App.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Photos to store photos on my work issued iPhone. On my personal Android device I do that and use an external memory card.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Thank you

Nope, can’t be done without purchasing a new device. Cloud/external storage might help, but you can’t increase your phones internal storage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Delete a lot of unnecessary stuff. Like photos and videos in iMessage. Notes in the Notes app you don't need. Emails with photos and videos. Apps you don't need. Don't download your music local on the phone. Use Box, Dropbox, or Google Photos to store your photos.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD