Can I get up to 8 hrs of Battery life on beatsx while listening to music & using the phone?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
When they say that you can go with the beatsx for up to 8 hours, does that mean listening to music and/or using the phone throughout the day? Just wondering because I feel as if I have to charge mine every night otherwise I won’t be able to use the next day. I DONT listen to music at any point in the day. I’ll talk on the phone for a minute here and there through out an 8 hour day but that’s about it. Today I decided to put them to some sort of test. I took them off the charger at 5:15am and did not use them at all today. This is what I got:
50ca9af39d1badba0dc2e18101c38642.jpg
ba7d0908fe571f0a2ca9bb5e234915f9.jpg

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery life on beatsx

So that was without ANY USE whatsoever. I was under the impression that “using” a device such as a bluroooth device meant like if you were making/receiving calls or listening to music. Not just having them turned on.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It could be due to how it’s always connected to your iPhone throughout the day that’s affecting the battery life.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

It could be due to how it’s always connected to your iPhone throughout the day that’s affecting the battery life.

There’s nothing not one one way to connect, via Bluetooth? Or am I missing something?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Now although I didn’t use the headphones, I did use the phone to surf the web, text, and open up some apps. And with that it was odd that they were basically at the same percentage when I got back home.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Now although I didn’t use the headphones, I did use the phone to surf the web, text, and open up some apps. And with that it was odd that they were basically at the same percentage when I got back home.

Disconnect the Beats when you’re not using it.
Even if you don’t use it, and if it stays connected to the phone, it’ll still drain the battery life at a faster rate.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

That doesn’t make sense to me to do that. By the time I reconnect to answer a call it’ll go to voice mail . Lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I get up to 8 hrs of Battery life on beatsx while listening to music & using the phone?

An active paired connection uses battery. I have BeatsX and I get maybe 5 hours of continued use while streaming music. But even if I don’t use my headphones throughout the day I still have to charge them nightly.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can I get up to 8 hrs of Battery life on beatsx while listening to music & using the phone?

An active paired connection uses battery. I have BeatsX and I get maybe 5 hours of continued use while streaming music. But even if I don’t use my headphones throughout the day I still have to charge them nightly.

That kinda sucks cuz I used to have some LG Bluetooth and I didn’t have that issue with them. If I didn’t use them that much in a day for talking they’d last me several days. But thanks for sharing. At least now I know it’s not mine that are defective or something

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

That kinda sucks cuz I used to have some LG Bluetooth and I didn’t have that issue with them. If I didn’t use them that much in a day for talking they’d last me several days. But thanks for sharing. At least now I know it’s not mine that are defective or something

I've just personally gotten in the habit of nightly charges so I don't run the risk of the battery dying when I need them during the day.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, looks like I have to do that as well. Thanks

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Another thing I don’t like about them that’s different from Powerbeats is when you end a call you hear a “click” with the x you don’t hear that and a few times I thought I had ended the call but didn’t

tdosthp

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

Same here...almost exactly, except I am closer to 4 hours of continuous use.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

That battery drain is just from the BeatsX being turned on. Not even so much the Bluetooth connectivity, just being powered on. When I ran a test on my BeatsX while flying all day, I was seeing about 8 hours of music listening. That it is continuous though. Any breaks, power downs, etc, will affect the total outcome.