Can I get some help with some question about verification process after someone has signed in to my Apple ID?

seastar1983

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Question about verification process after someone has signed in to my Apple ID

I am very new to this world and confused, hoping someone can help me regarding my iPad. I got notification that my Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud on an iPhone 5s. I don't have one so I know it is someone who doesn't need to be in my account. I immediately changed my iPad/iTunes password.

My question is the notification says to download a document and send it in to verify. It has a lot of personal information on it and I don't feel comfortable sending it in. (date of birth, password, credit card number, name, numbers on the back, 3D secure codes, address, etc) I can understand this information when signing up, but isn't there a different way for verification without giving all this? I don't know who to contact. Meanwhile, I don't know if I should sign back into the iCloud or remain signed out. Is there anything else I need to be doing?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Question about verification process after someone has signed in to my Apple ID

How did you get this notification? ONLY via email? If so - DO NOT send them any info - it's a phishing scam... typically, you'll get a device pop-up notification if a new device accesses Apple services via your AppleID. IF you've already changed your password - you've done what you need to do.

seastar1983

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Question about verification process after someone has signed in to my Apple ID

Thank you for your response. You are very helpful and informative. The notification did come in the way of email. It came from iCloud support and said in the subject "Connection from an unknown device" and it looks like the notification I have gotten when I've signed in from other devices, saying if it's me disregard ... and Sincerely Apple Support

I think I am going to contact Apple using the info below, it never hurts. Again, thank you so much.

seastar1983

May 18, 2015
Visit site

This was the information I tried to find first, I don't know why I couldn't. I contacted them and they asked me to forward it to their report phishing department. Thank you for all the help.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for your response. You are very helpful and informative. The notification did come in the way of email. It came from iCloud support and said in the subject "Connection from an unknown device" and it looks like the notification I have gotten when I've signed in from other devices, saying if it's me disregard ... and Sincerely Apple Support

I think I am going to contact Apple using the info below, it never hurts. Again, thank you so much.

You will get an email from Apple when you sign in to iCloud from a device that it is unfamiliar with or is not listed among your trusted devices.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW