Can I get some feedback regarding the 'Do Not Disturb' feature?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have seen write-ups ( feedback in Apple Support) indicating that when ' Do Not Disturb' is on ( either manually selected on, or 'scheduled' for specific times) and if selected to be active when phone is locked, that WhatsApp notification sounds or calls will still come through. This of course defeats the purpose of Do Not Disturb. I've heard that only Apple apps and calls are silenced and 3 rd party products may not behave as such. I've also heard the WhatsApp behavior labeled as a bug.......
I tested it by 'selecting' DND on, even though outside the scheduled tmes I've set, then locked the phone, and sent a test text from my wife's device and it worked properly, - ie no notification - so IMHO it's working correctly. Any opinions or feedback would be appreciated...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't say in regard to WhatsApp, but I can say that when DND is enabled on my iPhone, and my screen is locked, I don't get any audible notifications, except if someone calls me repeatedly.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t know about other apps but when you get a call on WhatsApp it vibrates as a maniac, so loud that you’ll even wake up from a deep sleep. Notifications for text don’t do this, so you’re good regarding those.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods