Can I get pdfs on my iphone?

Senden

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone, got my new iphone last friday and so far i've been having a great time with it however it can be a little fiddly getting files across and such and i'm having a lil problem.. how do i get pdfs on my iphone and how do I open them? I assume the iphone supports them?

Anyhow, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Senden

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Care to expand? How exactly do I get them across? Is there any free applications I can use to view them? If not any recommendations for the best paid program to get off the app store?

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone, got my new iphone last friday and so far i've been having a great time with it however it can be a little fiddly getting files across and such and i'm having a lil problem.. how do i get pdfs on my iphone and how do I open them? I assume the iphone supports them?

Anyhow, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

viewing them is built in to the email app.

I think he's wanting to put a pdf on the iphone and read it. Anyway, you can't do that. You can use your mail app to read a pdf in an email as the responder stated above, but that's it. There's also all the different apps to read different files that you put on a server, but the files are not on your iphone.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
You can also look at QuickOffice, FileMagic, AirShare Pro, etc., etc. the list goes on and on.

There are lots of Apps that allow view and storing of .pdf on the iPhone/iTouch. I view and store .pdf and others on my iPhone every day.:D

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I think he's wanting to put a pdf on the iphone and read it. Anyway, you can't do that. You can use your mail app to read a pdf in an email as the responder stated above, but that's it. There's also all the different apps to read different files that you put on a server, but the files are not on your iphone.

Sorry iPhone Aggie. That is not a true statement.;)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
No Problem.;)

They are adding Apps so quick these days it is hard to keep up with all that is new. If I was not such a "Geek" about it, I would miss more than I already do.:p

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The problem, however, is that you can only view the pdf on your phone. I'm not sure you can then email it from your phone, at least not on some of the programs I've looked at (FileAid, for example). Someone wanted to load stuff from their laptop, which didn't have an internet connection, and then there was no way to send it from the iPhone.

blackout128

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I use the app PDF Expert...fast and simple. Also I have Print n Share which is great too. PDF Expert handles them alittle better and faster. Both are a good app to have.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Like chobbs1 said, QO will email anything you can file on your iPhone. So will Docs To Go and FileMagic. As well as others.

QuickOffice now even has the ability to download email attachments sent to you and store them on your iPhone. Then you can view/edit them and then email them to anyone. You can't edit PDF, only Word and Excel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh