Can I delete some data from iCloud since I am get a storage full message?

I

iMore Question

icloud storage full message

Hi

Nowadays everytime i got a notification from my iphone4s, that says my icloud storage is full. how to deal this message???Is it possible to delete some data from icloud???

There are some more questions
1: how icloud works??

2:I download icloud in my laptop and I cant see any videos and some photos and all contacts in icloud folder.Also I cant see all photos, which is already back up few weeks before.Isnt it possible to see those photos???

3:My phone memory is not full,then why icloud storage is full??

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
re:

You can free up iCloud storage space by deleting the entire iCloud backup for an iOS device, such as a device you no longer own. If you’re restoring a device from an iCloud backup, you must wait until the restore operation is finished before you can delete the backup.
WARNING: If you delete the iCloud backup for your iOS device, iCloud stops automatically backing up the device.

Instead of backing up your iOS device to iCloud, you can back up your device using iTunes. For information, see the iTunes Help topic Back up your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad.

[h=3]Remove a backup using your iOS device[/h]
  • Do one of the following:
    • On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage, then tap Manage Storage.
    • On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then tap Manage Storage.
  • Tap the name of a device whose backup you don’t need, then tap Delete Backup.

[h=3]Remove a backup using your Mac[/h]
  • Open iCloud preferences, then click Manage.
  • Click Backups on the left, select an iOS device on the right whose backup you don’t need, then click Delete.
    If you don’t see Backups on the left, your iOS devices don’t have iCloud backups. For more information, seeBack up your iOS device to iCloud.

[h=3]Remove a backup using your Windows computer[/h]
  • Open iCloud for Windows, then click Storage.
  • Click Backups on the left, select an iOS device on the right whose backup you don’t need, then click Delete.
    If you don’t see Backups on the left, your iOS devices don’t have iCloud backups. For more information, seeBack up your iOS device to iCloud.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2