• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Can I change my Game Center username?

I

iMore Question

When I got my IPad I was goofing around and put Me in the name areas and would like to change to my name instead of Me...My name is Collette. Can this be done?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: I would to change my name from Me to Collette in game center

No. You can have a username in game center, but the "me" thing is for you only. No one else sees that.

Margaret Free

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Change your Game Center name in your DEVICE settings, rather than in the Game Center app. On the opening page of settings, go down the list of apps etc.until you see and select "Game Center."
Once at the Game Center settings, find the space labeled "Game Center Profile." Your profile name is visible to all UNLESS you also select privacy on that same page..
Who knows why the creators labeled it PROFILE in Game Center. Most apps allowing a name for viewers call it a NICKNAME. .
You can make up any nickname and can similarly use any picture for your Avatar (i.e. your display picture). Hope you figure it out! My scores are far below everyone else's but I still like to look at the game bonuses and milestones which I actually sometimes achieve.
Have fun, Maggie Dear

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok