Can anyone help me use iCloud?

deccs

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
iCloud for dummies help

Hi, I've just returned to iPhone after some time with Android....(what a mistake). I was only able to afford the 16gb model and I would like to use my phone mainly for music and pictures/video. Here's my question.

How do I send my photos/videos to iCloud, without sharing them on every device? I have an iPad that the family use and I don't want my pictures/videos on there.

I never used iCloud before I switched to Android so I'm trying to grasp how it works. Is it a simple thing to do? If so how?

My pics/vids that I really wanted to keep on my iPhone have been moved over from my Android but now I only have about 3gb left on my iPhone lol. Nightmare!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iCloud for dummies help

Hi, I've just returned to iPhone after some time with Android....(what a mistake). I was only able to afford the 16gb model and I would like to use my phone mainly for music and pictures/video.
Welcome back...:)
Here's my question.

How do I send my photos/videos to iCloud, without sharing them on every device? I have an iPad that the family use and I don't want my pictures/videos on there.
You can create an iCloud backup or upload your photos and videos to the iPhoto Library. See the information below:

iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ - Apple Support

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2388225%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=AGoBJfb_

iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support

With that in mind, until Apple decides to make iCloud as accessible as Dropbox, OneDrive and other cloud services, you might consider opening a OneDrive account and then upload your photos and videos there. You can use the OneDrive app to access them anytime. That is what I do.

I never used iCloud before I switched to Android so I'm trying to grasp how it works. Is it a simple thing to do? If so how?
Check out the information via the following links:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208681

Creating an iCloud account: Frequently Asked Questions - Apple Support

My pics/vids that I really wanted to keep on my iPhone have been moved over from my Android but now I only have about 3gb left on my iPhone lol. Nightmare!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I keep photos of my kids and some wallpaper pics on my device, but the bulk of my photos ad videos are kept via OneDrive with backups on my External Drive.

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

Easy peasy. Turn off photo stream :) (settings>iCloud>photos) turn that feature off. You can also turn off this feature on the other devices if you need to

deccs

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Thanks I'll check all this out.....my friend told me last night to just upload everything to dropbox and use that. I've done that now but when I can get my head round iCloud, I'll move them over to that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods