Can anyone help me choose which of these services will meet my needs: iCloud vs Google vs Outlook?

Becksabee

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
ICloud vs Google vs Outlook

I currently have email, contacts and calendars spread out between ICloud, Gmail and Outlook. I'm looking to consolidate everything and possibly drop at least one of those services. I only need email/calendar for personal use so my needs aren't all that robust.
I have an Iphone 5s (which is my primary device) as well as a Dell Laptop I'll be ditching for either an IPad or Macbook in the next couple of months. I also use calendars to manage our family's busy life and I need to be able to share it with my husband's devices as well. He has a Surface 2 and an Android.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which service(s) might work the best for my needs and how to easily get everything in one place? And which calendar would be best in terms of both syncing with my IPhone and my husband having access to it on his devices as well?

Maladroit23

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: ICloud vs Google vs Outlook

Personally, I do not recommend Outlook for mobile or tablet use. I use it for work and it isn't easy to navigate through.

Gmail and Google calendar are pretty great, and your calendars will be easy to share with others via email, as well as between your devices. Just log into Google calendar and it's there.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Having an iPhone and iPad icloud would be the easiest to use. Gmail works but they stopped push to iOS devices. That's about the only true difference.

eseerc

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Personally, I do not recommend Outlook for mobile or tablet use. I use it for work and it isn't easy to navigate through.

Gmail and Google calendar are pretty great, and your calendars will be easy to share with others via email, as well as between your devices. Just log into Google calendar and it's there.

I have to respectfully disagree here. I use outlook.com for my email, calendar and contacts and find it integrates seamlessly across my iphone and ipad while utilizing the web version on my imac. My wife and I have shared calendars and even share documents via onedrive.

We're a little different because all of the hardware in our household is Apple products.... however we don't touch icloud for anything other than reminders and notes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73